Phoenix Bed Bugs?
Bed bug infestations in Phoenix are a serious issue throughout the U.S. and they are a rapidly growing problem in Arizona because of increased global travel, buying and selling of used furniture, and bed bugs are adapting to products being used. Despite their unmistakable bites, these pests are well known to be among the sneakiest and most difficult types to get rid of in any home. We get countless calls from people who tried to rid their home of bed bugs with over the counter options and they all failed. Many times when you add up the unnecessary thrown out furniture and the cost of countless store bought remedies, people end up spending much more than what it would have cost for professional treatment. Why not choose a bed bugs Phoenix pest control company that follows several careful procedures to ensure that bed bugs cease to be a problem? Bed bug control is a specialty of ours and we attribute this to using the most advanced, cutting edge products and techniques.
Do I have Bed Bugs?
Bed bugs don’t care if you are clean, messy, rich, or poor; all they want is human blood. Most people first notice the signs of a bed bug infestation after finding several small bites on various parts of their body when they wake up in the morning. Although other pests are known to cause similar discomfort, there are many other things to look out for in order to determine if you have a bed bug infestation:
- Dark spots about the size of a pin, which are bed bug excrement and may bleed on the fabric like a marker would. These are commonly found on your sheets, mattress and box spring edges and tufts, and on walls near the bed.
- Live bed bugs are big enough to see and you will find them most commonly in box springs, around the edges of the mattress, and in cracks on the frame and headboard.
- Molted bed bug skins that nymphs shed as they grow larger.
- Eggs and eggshells, which are tiny and white and measure only about 1mm.
- Rusty or reddish stains on sheets or mattresses caused by Phoenix bed bugs being crushed.
How to Prevent Bed Bug Infestations In Your Home
While we don’t suggest you live in fear of bed bugs, we do suggest following a few of these recommendations so that you can avoid a large infestation:
- Buy an entomologist approved bed bug protective cover for both the mattress and box spring. We sell these and can custom order them for you at discounted prices.
- Always check secondhand furniture, beds, couches, picture frames and T.V.’s for any sign of bed bugs as detailed above, before bringing them home.
- Reduce clutter in your home to eliminate hiding places for bed bugs.
Recommendations for traveling:
- Thoroughly check your hotel room for any sign of a bed bug infestation in bedding, on mattresses, behind picture frames, behind furniture, inside of drawers, and beneath appliances.
- Check your luggage for bed bugs upon returning from a trip and unpack clothing directly into the washing machine.
- Use luggage racks to hold your luggage rather than setting it on the bed or floor.
Graph image credit: University of Kentucky
Bed Bugs Phoenix
CALL (480) 525-PEST (7378) OR CLICK HERE TO SCHEDULE A BED BUG PHOENIX AZ INSPECTION AND RECEIVE A FREE, NO OBLIGATION BED BUG CONTROL QUOTE.