A Complete Guide To Spring Pest Prevention For Gilbert Property Owners
When spring has sprung, it is a good time to start thinking about pests. Spring is the best time of year to get ahead of pests to prevent pest problems in Gilbert, AZ.
- Rake organic debris up and away from your exterior.
- Move stacked wood, dead branches, and other sources of wood away from your exterior.
- Remove lawn clutter, particularly objects that are near your exterior.
- Trim your landscape plants to allow the air to easily move through your plants, and to remove hiding places for pests.
- Clean your gutters out and make sure rainwater is being channeled down and away from your home.
- Put garbage in a covered container and make sure you get your containers out to the curb every week. If you don't, be sure to clean and deodorize your containers to remove odors that attract pests.
- Consider replacing exterior white lights with lights that cast yellow light. Insects are attracted to white light but are unable to detect yellow light.
- Move bird feeders away from your exterior. Seed feeders attract rodents like mice or rats and other wildlife. Hummingbird feeders attract ants.
- Make sure your screens are in good condition.
- Seal any entry points in your exterior.
- Inspect your home and look for mud tubes left by subterranean termites.
- Look for changes in wood, particularly wood frames around doors and windows.
All of these natural methods work together to give you layers of protection. If you want even more protection, the service team here at Green Home Pest Control can assist you. We apply industry-leading treatments to give your home the protection it needs in order to get control of the pests that concern you. Connect with us today.
Spring Time Is A Great Time To Pest-Proof Your Gilbert Home
Temperature fluctuations in spring can have pests running for cover. When it gets hot, they look for places to hide. If your home doesn't have pest-proofing, you're going to see pests appear near windows and doors during the day. Perhaps you've noticed. It can be super annoying.
Here are our best tips to help you pest-proof your home in spring:
- Examine your exterior doors on the inside of your home during the day. If you see light coming in, it is possible for pests to come in. Replace weatherstripping, realign your doors, and install new door sweeps to seal pests out.
- Gaps around window frames can let pests into your walls and eventually into your home. A handyman can take those frames off, apply a caulking or foam material, and put them back on.
- Rotting wood can let pests inside. Use a caulking gun to fill in rotted wood holes and to seal gaps that form between wood timbers.
- Inspect the pipes and wires that enter your home. If you see gaps around them, use your caulking gun to seal those gaps.
- Look for vents on the outside of your home and cover those vents with window screen material.
These steps require a little hard work but it is well worth the effort. Physical exclusions lay down the groundwork for effective residential pest control.
Is Your Gilbert Business Ready For A Pest Sweep?
Code enforcement sweeps can come at any time. One of the goals of a sweep is to ensure public safety. Pests that are considered a health concern, such as cockroaches, rodents, and flies, are going to raise red flags for your business and keep you from being in compliance with government regulatory standards.
Ongoing commercial pest control service can protect your business from a random and unexpected pest sweep. For assistance with this, reach out to us here at Green Home Pest Control. Our five-step program will make sure your business is always ready.
Why Year-Round Pest Control Is A Great Idea For Your Gilbert Home
The best time to deal with pests is long before they have had a chance to impact your health or damage your property. Year-round pest control proactively prevents pest problems in a number of ways. Here are a few examples:
- Your technician will locate and knock down wasp nests to prevent unwanted encounters with stinging insects.
- Spider webs will be removed. Doing this removes any egg sacs present. A single egg sac can have hundreds of spider eggs in it.
- Exclusions are applied to create a physical barrier.
- An exterior liquid treatment adds a layer of protection on top of exclusions.
- Traps can be placed in the yard to arrest mosquito reproduction.
- A liquid termite treatment can be applied around the entire structure to actively stop invading termite colonies.
- Baits, granules, and other targeted control methods are used to reduce pest populations.
There are many pests in Gilbert that can present a health concern or damage your property. Get ahead of pest problems and stop potential pests before they cause harm. Reach out to us today to learn more or to schedule a service visit for pest control in Gilbert. We're here to help!