FAQs About The Bed Bugs In Chandler
October 20, 2022
Bed bugs: most homeowners have heard of them, but few know very much about them. How can you tell if you have bed bugs? How did they get into your home? Can they spread? And most importantly, how can you get rid of them? You've got questions, and Green Home Pest Control has answers. Read on for everything you'll want to know about bed bugs, including how Chandler pest control can get rid of them for good.
How Can I Tell If I Have Bed Bugs?
If you're worried you might have bed bugs in your Chandler home, there are a few things you can look for:
- Small, brownish stains on your sheets or mattress
- Tiny white eggs or eggshells on your bedding
- Rust-colored smears on your skin (this could be bed bug feces)
- Actual bed bugs themselves, which are small (about the size of an apple seed), brown, and flat
If you see any of these signs, it's time to call in a bed bug control professional like Green Home Pest Control. We'll be able to confirm whether or not you have an infestation and determine the best method of pest control to kill the bed bugs.
How Did Bed Bugs Come Into My Home?
There are several ways bed bugs in Chandler can make their way into your home:
- On used furniture or clothing: If you buy second-hand furniture or clothes, inspect items carefully for bed bugs before bringing them into your house.
- On luggage or other personal belongings: If you stay in a hotel that has bed bugs, they can hitch a ride on your luggage or other belongings and come home with you.
- On visitors: If someone who has bed bugs comes to visit your home, they can spread the infestation to your house.
Once they're in your home, bed bugs will hide in cracks and crevices or in your bedding. They come out at night to feed on your blood, which is how you might end up with bites on your skin. The only way to truly eliminate these pests is by calling local pest control for bed bugs in Chandler to get rid of them.
Can Bed Bugs Spread?
The answer is a resounding yes; bed bugs can spread quite easily. They can travel on clothing, luggage, or other personal belongings, or they can be brought into your home by visitors. Once they've infested one room of your home, they can spread to other rooms quite easily.
This is why it's so important to call for bed bug control services in Chandler as soon as you think you might have bed bugs. The sooner you get rid of them, the less chance there is of them spreading throughout your home.
How Can I Get Bed Bugs Away From My Home For Good?
Unfortunately, totally preventing a bed bug problem is impossible, but there are some bed bug control techniques for your home that can help reduce the risk:
- Inspect second-hand furniture and clothing items before bringing them into your house.
- When you stay in a hotel, keep your luggage off the floor and away from the bed. Inspect it carefully when you get home.
- Wash all your bedding in hot water frequently.
If you do end up with bed bugs, it's time to call in a professional pest control company like Green Home Pest Control. We have more than 30 years of experience dealing with bed bugs, and we know how to get rid of them quickly and efficiently. We offer traditional liquid treatments as well as heat treatments, both of which are proven to be effective against bed bugs. We also sell specialty mattresses at discount rates that can help prevent future infestations. Contact us today to learn more about our bed bug pest control in Chandler.