Should You Order Professional Pest Control For Bed Bugs In Chandler?
September 15, 2022
There is only so much a person can do to combat pest problems here in Chandler. Sometimes bugs slip past our defenses and start causing trouble indoors. Bed bugs are one common invasive species that invade homes in our area. These pests bite people while they are asleep and spread the way lice spreads. Here is why you should order professional bed bug control if you notice these bugs indoors and how to identify bed bugs in Chandler.
Don't Miss The First Signs Of Bed Bugs
What is the best way to know your home has a bed bug infestation? First, you have to know how to spot these pests by the signs they leave behind. What are the signs of bed bugs? Most people notice bite marks first. Bed bug bites appear on the skin in a straight line or zig-zag pattern. Some other common signs of bed bugs include blood stains on your bed covers, specs of reddish-black fecal droppings, tiny white eggs inside cracks and crevices around your home, shed skins, and adult bed bugs. What does a bed bug look like? An adult bed bug is 3/16 to ¼” long, reddish-brown, and has an oval/shield-shaped body. During the day bed bugs hide in hard-to-reach areas. It is only at night (or when a room is very dark) that they emerge to feed on blood. If you are having trouble identifying these pests but you suspect you have some sort of pest issue, schedule your home for a detailed pest inspection.
Unpacking The Do's And Don'ts Of Bed Bug Control
Bed bugs can be the most difficult pests to eliminate. They hide when faced with danger and can survive for over a year without a blood meal in optimal conditions. For this reason, there are many do’s and don’t’s with bed bug control. Here are a few you should know.
- Do make sure that the treatment you use will kill bed bugs.
- Do not allow any bed bugs to escape while treating indoors.
- Do know where bed bugs hide and how to know that your treatments are working.
- Do not apply treatments randomly and hope your infestation goes away.
- Do hire a professional pest control company if you are not completely confident that you have the experience to control bed bugs on your own.
- Do not put your family and pets at risk by using bed bug treatments improperly inside your home.
How To Keep Bed Bugs Away For Good
Once bed bugs are out of your home, it is up to you to keep these pests from coming back. Here are a few bed bug prevention tips we recommend to do just that.
- Check used clothing, furniture, and other second-hand items for bed bugs before bringing them into your home.
- Do not set items down in public for more than 20 minutes at a time.
- Inspect hotel rooms for bed bugs while traveling to avoid staying in an infested room.
- Tell your family and friends about bed bugs so they can identify infestations inside their homes and avoid bringing them into yours.
If you have more questions about bed bug prevention, consider talking to a professional.
Let The Pros Do The Hard Work
To remove bed bugs from your home, get the experts at Green Home Pest Control involved. We understand these sleep-wrecking pests and offer fast and effective solutions to fully eliminate them from your living areas. Pest control has never been so simple.
Call us now to learn more about pest control in Chandler and learn how we remove bed bugs from area homes.