How To Tell If Your Chandler Property Has A Termite Problem
Many of us will do anything it takes when it comes to protecting our homes here in Chandler. We install locks, security systems, and video cameras, all in the name of security. However, many of us forget about one of the most devastating invaders of all — termites. Without intervention, these tiny insects can cause irreparable damage to your home. One of the reasons they are so dangerous is because spotting signs of termites is very difficult, especially to the untrained eye.
Below are some things to look out for if you are worried about termites infesting your home:
- Mud tubes: Subterranean termites require very specific temperatures to thrive. To keep that environment stable for themselves, they will build pencil-sized mud tubes to travel through. One end is usually attached to a food source, such as a bush, and the other end will be attached to your house.
- Stuck windows and doors : If you suddenly find yourself struggling to open or close windows and doors around your home, this could be one of the key signs of termites.
- Droppings: As termites chew through wood, they will create pinpoint holes in your drywall and wooden boards to kick out their excrement, meaning you will find their droppings around your house. They tend to resemble pepper kernels.
- Squeaky floorboards : Most of us have floorboards that creak when we walk across them; however, if you're noticing that they seem excessively squeaky, this could be another indication that you have a termite infestation.
If you spot any of these signs, it is time to schedule a professional termite inspection with the pros at Green Home Pest Control!
How Dangerous Are The Termites In Chandler?
For Chandler homeowners, a professional termite inspection is crucial to maintaining the structure of your home. Because this city is home to both drywood and subterranean termites (arguably the most destructive kind), your home's structural integrity could be completely compromised within a year or two of a colony moving in. While that may seem like a long time, the problem is that signs of termites are incredibly difficult to spot, and most don't realize they even have a problem until it is too late. At best, termites will cost you possibly tens of thousands of dollars in damage repairs, and at worst, they make it unsafe to live in your home at all. Regular termite treatments from the Green Home Pest Control professionals are a worthwhile investment.
Why Homes In Chandler Need Professional Termite Protection
Many people like to try and deal with termite infestations themselves, using only whatever the local store is selling for pesticides. Unfortunately, these are entirely ineffective and do nothing to treat your infestation. Below are some reasons why termites are some of the most difficult pests to get rid of and why professional treatment is needed to destroy them:
- Termite eggs: The problem begins with the eggs, which is when a termite's life begins. The queen lays these eggs, and they are small and white.
- Nymphs : Once the termite eggs hatch, they become nymphs. As they grow, they will molt, shedding their skins. They develop into whatever form of adult their colony needs.
- Castes: Despite the destruction they cause, termites are quite fascinating, as they have castes within their colonies. If enough of one cast gets exterminated, the other fully grown termites can molt again, growing into that caste and taking over that role.
Even if you manage to kill a bunch of termites, if one is left behind, it can evolve into a breeder and continue the infestation as if nothing happened.
Chandler Property Owner's Complete Guide To Effective Termite Control
At Green Home Pest Control, we have developed a formula for termite treatment with proven results. Our expert technicians complete a thorough inspection of your property, both inside and out, and use that information to customize a treatment plan that fits your specific needs. Armed with the most advanced treatments available on the professional market, your technician will exterminate the entire infestation, both inside your home and in your yard. In addition, we provide follow-up visits to ensure no other termite colonies have set up shop. If you are looking for the most comprehensive, eco-friendly termite treatment in Arizona, look no further; give us a call today!