Termite Control In Peoria, AZ
One of the worst pest problems you can have in Peoria is termites. Termites consume and tunnel through wood, which can cause serious damage to your home. Professional pest control in Peoria can help prevent and control termites on your property. Continue reading to learn more about protecting your home from these destructive pests and how Green Home Pest Control can help keep your property termite-free.
How To Tell If Your Peoria Property Has A Termite Problem
Termites may be small insects that don’t grow larger than half an inch long, but the problems they can cause are pretty significant. As most termite infestations often start right under the property owner’s nose with little warning, it is essential to look out for these early warning signs of a termite problem on your property:
- Discarded termite wings found on windowsills or around doors may indicate that a termite is on your property and producing swarmers (reproductive termites) or that swarmer termites have moved inside.
- Termite frass (this appears much like wood shavings) may be along baseboards, on windowsills, or near drywall.
- Pinpoint holes in drywall can indicate where termites are entering the internal wooden structures of your property.
- Wood that starts to appear damaged or breaks away easily may indicate that termites are damaging it internally. Also, tight-fitting doors and windows, sinking ceilings and floors, and bulging walls are signs of serious termite damage.
It is likely time for a termite inspection if you see one or more of these signs around your Peoria property. Contact Green Home Pest Control to get started with this critical first step of termite removal as soon as possible.
How Dangerous Are Termites In Peoria?
Termite infestations in Peoria can be incredibly dangerous, especially if they are left to grow out of control because you don’t recognize that they are there. Termites are chewing through wood constantly, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. Once they infiltrate its wooden structures, they can create significant damage to your property. Hollowed-out wood can lead to several problems on your property, some as severe as structural collapse.
Signs that serious termite damage is starting to take place include:
- Doors and windows that become tight-fitting or stuck completely
- Ceilings that sink and dip
- Bubbling or peeling paint on walls
- Bulging walls
- Sinking floors
- Wood that breaks easily
- Wood that becomes moisture-ridden and damaged
Termites can also chew through utility areas, the areas around wiring or plumbing, and through your home's foundation, creating damage that leads to your entire property sinking or parts of it collapsing completely, something that can be incredibly dangerous. Proper termite prevention and control tactics are essential to avoiding termite damage.
What Can I Do To Prevent Termites In Peoria?
Preventing termites in Peoria doesn’t need to be a super difficult task. There are some easy steps you can take to deter this pest from settling on your property and reduce your chances of accidentally acquiring a termite infestation:
- Reduce soil-to-wood contact around your property, especially at the foundation of your property. You can do this by putting down a gravel barrier between outdoor areas and the foundation.
- Keep your yard clear of long grasses, leaf litter, and debris such as fallen branches or tree stumps. All of these areas create perfect hiding and nesting conditions for termites.
- Seal cracks around your property’s windows, doors, and foundation. These small areas can easily let termites searching for wood chew their way inside.
- Fix leaks and drainage problems on your property that lead to pools of excess water, as these can create moisture problems in wood and allow termites to infiltrate the wooden parts of your property more easily.
If you are still struggling with termite infestations or colonies on your property despite implementing these prevention tips, contact our expert technicians at Green Home Pest Control for more advice or total termite control.
The Trick To Effective Termite Control For Your Peoria Property
You undoubtedly want the most effective and stress-free solutions for your Peoria property regarding termite control; this is where our termite control plans at Green Home Pest Control come in. With our professional expertise, your property can benefit from a thorough inspection where we identify the termite species and their colony and narrow down major termite problem areas.
We discuss our treatment plans with you and listen to your concerns before applying a liquid termite treatment. Termites will track through the barrier this treatment forms and return to their colonies, spreading it around and effectively eliminating the root of your termite problem, protecting your property from reinfestation, and eradicating your active termite infestation.
We guarantee our termite control services at Green Home Pest Control, and during a warranty period, we will return at no cost until we solve the issue. We offer ongoing termite protection services, so your Peoria property is safe from this pest and the damages they cause, no matter what.