How Bad Is It To Have Bees On My Anthem Property?
While bees in Anthem are usually regarded as helpful members of nature, you might not always want them hanging around your property. The level of threat does vary from species to species. For example, bumble bees are not a serious threat to your health; however, honey bees can be deadly. That said, bumble bees are still capable of stinging you if you threaten their colony, but the allergic reactions you can suffer from are typically not as severe. Honey bees, however, can chase you for miles and swarm very swiftly, so it is very bad to have them on your property. The carpenter bee is more of an issue for your home or building than it is for your well-being because it’s their mission to eat through wood. All bees should be treated with care and concern because you might not always be able to quickly identify them and the risks are simply not worth it.
For complete bee control in Arizona, contact Green Home Pest Control today.
What Every Anthem Homeowner Needs To Know About Honey Bees
Honey bees are approximately 95% of the bees that Anthem homeowners may come into contact with, so here are a few important things that residents should know about them:
- Honey bees are usually light brown and yellow in coloring and have partially fuzzy bodies.
- These bees are attracted to sweet, blossoming flowers, which they pollinate. Honey bees are actually one of the most significant pollinators around the world.
- They are significantly aggressive in behavior and will attack anyone who provokes them. Honey bees are also very easily startled, so making noise in the backyard or running a loud lawn mower can be enough to cause them to swarm.
- Honey bees can also deliver a potentially lethal sting. Some people may experience mild pain, burning, and nausea as well.
At Green Home Pest Control, we provide humane and eco-friendly service options to address honey bees and restore our neighbors' peace of mind. Our expert technicians use safe products and methods to treat backyards but our offerings are far more extensive than a simple elimination.
We also provide homeowners with the option of honey bee rescue and hive relocation, honeycomb clean-ups, as well as restorative services that might be required after a hive removal. For more information on our honey bee control program, call us today.
Tips To Avoid Carpenter Bee Damage In Anthem
Carpenter bees can easily locate areas of dry wood around Anthem’s homes and businesses to make their own. Try these tips to avoid future damage:
- Keep wood in good condition. Carpenter bees are attracted to wood, especially if it's weathered or in distress, which means that keeping decks, stairs, porches, and wood paneling in top shape is crucial. Make sure that all of these areas are either painted or varnished and free from chips or damage.
- Seal up openings. Look around for carpenter bee holes, which look like dime-sized openings usually with a pile of sawdust beneath them, and fill them with silicone-based caulk.
- Seek professional help. When it comes to carpenter bees, there is simply no alternative for professional pest control. These bees live in hard-to-reach areas that can extend 10 feet into the surface and they won’t go away on their own, which makes calling a pest expert a wise choice.
At Green Home Pest Control, we utilize ethical and eco-friendly methods and products to keep local homes protected from carpenter bees and the damaging effects of their presence. We offer fair and transparent pricing and even offer construction services when necessary. For more information on our carpenter bee control offerings, please give us a call today.
How To Exterminate Bees In Your Anthem Home
When it comes to safely eliminating the bees around your Anthem home, there is no replacement for professional help. These sorts of invasions will not resolve on their own and they are simply too dangerous and require professional knowledge and tools to eliminate.
At Green Home Pest Control, we are the team to help you. We staff only the most professional and well-trained technicians who are equipped to deal with all of your bee concerns. Because our primary goal is to ensure your safety, we follow strict Integrated Pest Management guidelines when treating your home. What this means is that we will always do what is environmentally friendly and causes the least amount of interference, but it also means that the work we do is designed to create sustainable results.
Our process begins with a complete property inspection so that we can determine where your infestation is occurring and why bees are attracted to your property in the first place. From there, we use eco-friendly treatment products to eliminate your infestation. We also provide hive relocation, construction repair, and honeycomb cleanup services. As an additional part of these services, we will work with you to provide tips and education on continuing to deter bees from your home.
For more information on bee extermination and our Anthem pest control, please call us today.