Is There More Than One Type Of Mosquito In Anthem?
When you’re being bitten by a mosquito in Anthem, you’re either not aware that it’s happening or the guilty party is too small for you to identify immediately. That said, there are many different types of mosquitoes in the area that you should know about, including the Aedes aegypti, Asian tiger mosquito, and southern house mosquito. The Aedes aegypti, otherwise known as the yellow fever mosquito, is one of the most prominent species and you can identify it primarily because of its black and white striped legs.
At Green Home Pest Control, we provide protection from all local mosquitoes with eco-friendly products and practices. Our backpack fogging services target adult mosquitoes and larvae in hard-to-reach areas, while our baiting systems provide ongoing coverage between visits. To learn more about our mosquito control treatments, please call us today.
Mosquitoes & Dangerous Disease: What Anthem Residents Ought To Know
Mosquitoes in Anthem deliver residents itchy bites that can be very annoying, but they can also be potentially dangerous. Across the globe, mosquitoes are associated with Zika virus, dengue, malaria, and West Nile virus. They usually pick up these pathogens once they’ve fed off of something that’s diseased and then spread them when they bite people.
In the Anthem area, residents should be most aware of West Nile virus, which involves a fever, headaches, stiff neck, confusion, and muscle weakness. Often, people who are infected with this virus will have it and not even know but there are instances where it can be life-threatening. The mosquitoes in the area are also known to be the source of St Louis encephalitis, which rarely shows symptoms. However, when symptoms do develop, they usually include nausea, vomiting, headache, and muscle soreness.
At Green Home Pest Control, we help Anthem residents avoid the potential dangers that mosquitoes can bring. We provide routine topical treatments, install mosquito traps, and provide our customers with education about self-protection and deterrence in order to deliver complete results. For more information on mosquito protection, contact us today.
Is Professional Mosquito Treatment Right For My Anthem Home?
Between the months of March and October, you might notice an increase in mosquitoes around your Anthem home, and when this happens, the best solution is professional assistance. Mosquitoes are on the hunt for human blood, which can make deterring them very difficult.
Genetics are responsible for approximately 85% of the variability in whether or not mosquitoes are attracted to you and the simple nature of your presence lures mosquitoes. Professional intervention allows you to enjoy your property without worrying about the type of laundry detergent or soap you use. Working with a professional also addresses the very difficult nature of maintaining a yard that is unappealing to mosquitoes. These pests will find all of the nooks of your yard to breed in, but by applying professional treatments, all of the places they find will be inhospitable to them.
At Green Home Pest Control, we provide homeowners with comprehensive mosquito control services that follow our distinct four-step program. We begin with a detailed inspection of your yard so that we can locate specific areas where mosquitoes are breeding as well as other areas that might become problematic. We’ll review our findings together and then explain your options for treatment, which typically involves habitat removal, adult and larvae control, and installing In2Care mosquito traps. This well-rounded approach means continuing relief from mosquitoes so that you can enjoy time outside on your property once more.
To learn more about keeping mosquitoes off of your property, contact us today.
Five No-Sweat Mosquito Control Tips For Anthem Properties
Mosquito season in Anthem can be long and uncomfortable for residents, but with these five no-sweat tips, that doesn’t have to be the case. Here are the hints that local pest experts recommend:
- Maintain a clear yard. Mosquitoes look for shady and dark areas to lay their eggs and hide out between feedings. In order to make a property inhospitable to them, get rid of leaf piles, shrub trimmings, and fallen branches.
- Address standing water. These pests also look for pockets of stagnant water that they can find in outdoor toys, pool covers, kiddie pools, and bird baths, so turn over this water regularly.
- Limit the human factor. Mosquitoes are lured to people because they require human blood to survive. In order to make yourself less attractive to mosquitoes, limit sweating, alcohol consumption, and the use of scented personal hygiene products.
- Try planting certain items. There are various plants that naturally contain properties that repel mosquitoes and stinging insects as well. Some of those items include basil, rosemary, thyme, lavender, citronella, marigolds, bee balm, catmint, and geranium.
- Bring in professional help. Working with a pest control company provides an unparalleled advantage against mosquitoes. Routine treatments can address adults and larvae to tackle the entire lifecycle of mosquitoes and allow residents to enjoy their properties again.
For more information on mosquito pest control in Anthem, contact Green Home Pest Control today.