Most Common Rodents Found In Anthem
Anthem homeowners can expect to encounter rodents of different types around their property, and each has its own unique characteristics that are important to note.
Here are three of the most prevalent types of rodents in Anthem:
Rats: These rodents are larger in size than mice and vary in color and specific appearance based on their species. Rats have long hairless tails, large eyes, and use their hands frequently. They are also very skilled climbers and are associated with rat-bite fever, leptospirosis, and hantavirus.
Mice: While mice might look like some rats, they are usually much smaller in appearance and are not associated with all of the same health risks. They are usually light brown and have long slender tails that are covered in fuzz. Mice are capable of sneaking through dime-sized openings.
Gophers: The Arizona pocket gopher is shaped like a potato and has prominent oversized front teeth. They are usually a dusty brown color and are known for the damage that they cause to yards via their mounds. Like other rodents, gophers can also carry and spread parasites.
For complete rodent control that’s ethical and eco-friendly, please contact Green Home Pest Control today.
Are Rodents A Year-Round Problem In Anthem?
Part of what makes rodents such a dilemma for Anthem homeowners is that they have the potential to be a constant issue throughout the year. They are most commonly a problem once temperatures cool down and they start seeking shelter inside warmer homes. That said, rodents may also become a problem when the local temperatures outside are brutal and basements and attics offer them a safe place that’s cooler.
If rodents detect a hint of food or water at any point of the year, they can come in search of it. There’s also the reality that leaving a garage or back door open can be enough to invite rodents inside the home. Rodents will sometimes gain access to homes if they’ve infiltrated a package that’s been sitting outside as well.
For year-round rodent control, look no further than Green Home Pest Control. Contact us today for more information on our eco-friendly solutions to some of the area’s most persistent pests.
Everything Anthem Homeowners Need To Know About Rodent Infestations
A rodent infestation is far more complex and challenging for Anthem homeowners than it might appear on the surface. To start, pests like rats, mice, and squirrels commonly act as hosts for parasites like ticks and fleas. This is often how homeowners end up with a secondary infestation while also not realizing where the issue stemmed from. Rodents essentially have free roam of a property and can spread around parasites with no trouble at all. An infestation of this sort can be harmful to a person’s health, but is most serious if there are household pets involved. Fleas and ticks are often the cause of Lyme disease, heartworm, murine typhus, and tularemia.
But don’t be fooled, rodents are also capable of spreading their own health risks. When they leave behind droppings, those particles spread through the air and initiate asthma attacks and allergies in some people. If fecal matter, urine, or saliva contaminates food, there is the possibility of passing along the pathogens that lead to leptospirosis, hantavirus, salmonellosis, and lymphocytic choriomeningitis.
Rodents are also notorious for the property damage that they cause. They have a natural need to chew constantly, which they do in order to keep their front incisors from overgrowing. Some of the results of this can be ruined insulation and increased energy costs, holes in walls, infested food items, and frayed electrical wires.
To receive the most reliable rodent pest control in Anthem, contact Green Home Pest Control today.
A Helpful Guide To Keeping Anthem Rodents Out Of Your Home
If you’re concerned about rodents like mice and rats invading your Anthem home, here is a helpful guide from the area’s leading pest control team:
- Fill up openings. Rodents can fit through openings the size of a dime, so apply silicone-based caulk or liquid foam to the cracks in your foundation, openings around garages and bulkheads, and affix weatherstripping around loose windows.
- Landscape properly. Rats and squirrels are both very talented climbers, so scale back any trees or hedges that come into contact with your house.
- Be aware of food storage. Food in all of its forms is one of the main attractions for rodents, so always use a garbage bin with a lid, keep food items in sealed containers, and never leave food scraps on the counter after cooking a meal.
- Aim for cleanliness. Rodents like to burrow in cluttered areas or use scraps of packing material for their nests, so try to create a tidy home free from these things. Additionally, store sentimental items in sturdy containers rather than cardboard boxes.
- Eliminate moisture issues. Another requirement that rodents have is access to a water supply and moist conditions. By preventing both, you’ll make your home inhospitable to them. Use a dehumidifier if your basement and closets need it and make sure you don’t have leaky pipes or faucets.
- Bring in professional help. When it comes to rodents, there’s no solution more reliable than bringing in a pest control expert. These pests can reproduce in large numbers, live in hard-to-reach areas, and transmit harmful pathogens, so they’re best left to someone specifically trained to deal with them.
To protect your Anthem home with rodent control, contact Green Home Pest Control today.