What Termite Damage In Anthem Looks Like
One of the most troublesome things about termite damage is that it is often invisible until the infestation has grown to an alarming size. And waiting until a termite colony has had time to inflict significant structural damage is a losing proposition. It's important to catch termites as soon as possible to prevent widespread issues in your home. The earliest signs of termites may include:
- Mud tubes on the exterior of your home: termites do not like to expose themselves to open air and will build these tubes to protect themselves as they move from the ground into your home.
- Uneven or bubbling paint and darkened or blistering wood: Termite damage often resembles water damage. If you are noticing these signs but cannot find a source of moisture, it’s likely that termites are to blame.
- Wood that sounds hollow when tapped: It’s no surprise that given enough time termite will hollow out the wood in your home. Hollow-sounding wood is a sign of an advanced infestation.
- Small piles of termite droppings: These droppings may look like sawdust as a result of the termite diet. They are often found near areas with high termite activity.
- Termite swarmers or discarded termite wings: When termites are ready to reproduce, they send out termite swarmers. Winged reproductive termites emerge from the nest to mate and begin new colonies. Once mating is complete, these termites shed their wings and head back under cover. Following a swarm, piles of wings are often found near openings like doors and windows.
If you notice these or other signs of termites in Anthem, it's important to respond quickly by seeking out professional termite treatment near you.
Does My Anthem Home Need Termite Protection?
Termites lead to more than five billion dollars in property damage each year in the United States. Typically these costs are not covered under homeowners insurance policies. So yes, unless you have unlimited funds set aside for repairs, it's important to have termite protection in Anthem.
In addition to being expensive, termites are also a pest that is difficult to treat with do-it-yourself techniques. Their subterranean colonies can grow to over a million individual insects. It can be difficult to locate nests, and multiple colonies often live inside the same building. Many treatments work on contact but do not harm the termites or termite eggs deep within your walls, who then simply repopulate the colony.
Still, one of the most damaging things about termite infestations is the amount of destruction that is done before homeowners are aware of termites in their home. Annual termite inspections by a professional company can be your best chance at avoiding termite damage.
Three Ways To Protect Your Anthem Property From Termites
We know termites are dangerous pests, so what can you do to protect your property? The top three termite prevention tips are as follows:
- Eliminate wood to soil contact. Subterranean termites prefer to stay under cover and, when possible, will travel directly from the soil to the wooden components in your home. Limit this pathway by leaving a gap between wooden portions of your home, such as siding and porches and the ground. It's also a good idea to remove dead trees and stumps near your home and keep firewood stacked at a distance.
- Minimize excess water. Termites are especially attracted to wood with a moisture content above twenty percent. Clogged gutters can lead to water pooling around your foundation and increase the likelihood of termites. Likewise, leaks in your roof, plumbing, and windows will be more likely to attract termites.
- Request annual inspections. The best insurance against termite infestations is a yearly check by a pest control professional. An expert can find the earliest signs of termites and identify and treat a problem before it becomes a full infestation.
At Green Home Pest Control, we can help Anthem homeowners prevent and control termite infestations before they get out of hand.
The Trick To Effective Termite Control For Your Anthem Home
If you're looking for termite control in Anthem, look no further than Green Home Pest Control. We can send a trained termite exterminator to identify the species and location of your termite problem. We provide two treatment options, a liquid treatment to prevent termites from accessing your home and a bait system to eliminate any termites in nearby colonies. We can also pre-treat new construction projects to ensure your building is not vulnerable to termites while being built. For the best termite control company for your Anthem home, call Green Home Pest Control.