Are The Termites In Phoenix Easy To Prevent?
November 10, 2022
Termites invading your Phoenix property are challenging to eliminate, but you can prevent them by following some easy expert advice. For termite control and prevention, you can count on Phoenix pest control professionals at the first signs of infestation.
What Do Termites Look Like?
Though there are many different termite species, most termites have a similar appearance. Termites are small, not growing more than half an inch long, and have a flatter, oval-shaped soft bodies. Termites are typically light brown or tan in color, and colonies will contain different castes of termites such as workers, soldiers, reproductive, or swarmer termites. Swarmer termites will grow a pair of wings as they leave the colony, looking for a new place to settle down.
If you aren’t sure whether or not termites are invading your property, you should invest in a professional termite inspection to identify your exact pest problems; Green Home Pest Control can help you with this.
What Is The Best Way To Identify Termite Damage
The best way to identify termite damage is to allow Green Home Pest Control to inspect your property and provide you with helpful termite identification. You can also look out for specific signs of termite damage to narrow down the culprit of your pest problems by yourself.
Indicators of a termite problem include:
- Frass is wood shavings created by termite tunneling, appearing around baseboards, window sills, and door frames.
- Mud tubes on the exterior or interior of your property.
- Shed termite wings around doors and windows or inside.
- Wood that appears water-damaged or breaks away easily when touched.
- Sinking floors and ceilings, bulging walls, peeling paint, and pinpointing holes in walls.
- Galleries carved into furniture or other visible pieces of wood around your property.
And remember to reach out to Green Home Pest Control as soon as you notice these signs can help you get a head start on termite removal before an infestation becomes widespread.
Is There Way To Prevent Termites For Good?
While you can’t remove termites from the environment around your property for good, you can take steps to prevent this pest. One of the best steps to take is to invest in termite control provided by Green Home Pest Control. To complement our team’s expert termite protection tactics, you can also follow prevention steps, such as:
- Reduce soil-to-wood contact around the foundation of your property to make termite invasion more difficult.
- Remove termite harborage areas outdoors, such as fallen branches, leaves, wood piles, and long grasses.
- Seal cracks around windows, doors, and your property’s foundation to ensure that termites stay outside.
- Use unbroken, sturdy window and door screens in addition to weather stripping to fully termite-proof interior areas.
- Fix leaks and drainage problems that lead to humid conditions, excess pools of moisture, or water-damaged wood, as these are prime termite attractants.
- Annual termite inspections address potential issues or conditions conducive to future termite problems.
For more information on termite prevention, contact Green Home Pest Control and speak to our knowledgeable team about how to reduce your chances of termite infestation.
Professional Termite Control In Phoenix
When it comes to keeping your Phoenix property safe from termites, there’s no company better than Green Home Pest Control. Our team will work with you to identify your termite problem areas and provide tailored solutions to eradicate this pest from your property. Contact us today to learn more or get started safeguarding your property from this pest.