Eek! Why Are There So Many Spiders Inside My Tucson Residence?
August 22, 2022
Tucson is home to some interesting creatures in the United States, including spiders. While some Tucson residents may find these little critters fascinating, they can also be dangerous as some of the more venomous species can bite you, leading to medical complications or worse.
If you are tired of spiders around your home, speak to a local Tucson pest control firm for assistance in eradicating these pests. A professional can safely remove all the spiders from your home so you can be assured that your family is safe from harm.
Pick up the phone and call a Tucson pest control company today.
How Many Different Types Of Spiders Are There?
Tucson is home to many different types of spiders, and while most of them are harmless, some can pose a threat to your health. Here are some of the more common spiders that you might find in and around your home:
- Joro spiders: These spiders are large and can grow up to two inches in length. They're brown or tan and have a striped pattern on their backs. Joro spiders are not aggressive, but their bites can be painful.
- Jumping spiders: As their name implies, these spiders can jump long distances. They're small, only growing to be about a quarter-inch in length. Jumping spiders aren't aggressive, and their bites aren't harmful to humans.
- Orb-weaver spiders: These spiders are also small, only growing to be about a quarter-inch in length. They're brown or black and have a round body.
- House spiders: Most house spiders are small, growing to about a quarter-inch. They're brown or black and have long bodies. House spiders are not aggressive, but their bites can be painful.
Call a pest control company if you are struggling with these or other spiders in or around your home. Professionals specialize in handling different kinds of spiders and will eliminate them quickly and safely.
What Kind Of Spiders Are Dangerous To Find In My Home?
Poisonous spiders are the reason why a lot of people are afraid of these little creatures. While most spiders aren't aggressive and pose no threat to humans, some can be dangerous. Here are some of the more hazardous Tucson spiders:
- Black widow spiders: These spiders are black with a red hourglass shape on their backs. They're small, only growing to be about a half-inch in length. Black widow spiders are aggressive, and their bites can be deadly.
- Brown recluse spiders: They're brown or tan with a dark brown violin shape on their backs. These spiders are small, only growing to be about a half-inch in length. Brown recluse spiders are shy but don't be fooled; their bites can be dangerous.
Signs of envenomation from a black widow or brown recluse spider bite may include:
- Severe pain
- Muscle cramps
- Abdominal pain
- Nausea and vomiting
If you're bitten by a dangerous spider, seek medical attention immediately. Remember, these spiders are among the deadliest in the United States, so it's important to be careful and seek professional help in removing them from your home.
What Attracts Spiders To Come Inside People's Homes?
Understanding what attracts spiders to your home is the first step in keeping them out. Here are things that may be attracting spiders to your home:
- Open doors and windows
- Cracks and holes
- Outdoor lights
- Piles of wood and leaves
To get rid of spiders naturally from your home, make sure to:
- Seal any cracks or holes in your walls or foundation
- Keep your doors and windows closed
- Turn off outdoor lights at night
- Remove any piles of wood and leaves from your property
- Use essential oils to kill spiders
While peppermint spray for spiders might ward off some spiders, it won't eliminate them for good. Contact a pest control company in Tucson for a lasting solution to your spider problem. We'll get rid of spiders and keep them out.
What Can I Do To Permanently Get Rid Of All The Spiders In My Home?
The only recommended and foolproof way to eliminate all the spiders in your home is by calling a professional pest control company. Do-it-yourself methods might work for a while, but eventually, the spiders will come back.
At Green Home Pest Control, we believe in providing lasting solutions to our customers. We don't simply treat the symptoms; we get to the root of the problem so that you can have a spider-free home year-round.
Contact us today. We'll be happy to come out and take a look. We'll provide you with a free estimate and help you get rid of your spider threat.