How To Stay Ahead Of Commercial Pest Control In Maricopa
February 24, 2022
Hidden within the middle of the Sonoran Desert is one of Arizona's oldest and most historic communities. Maricopa is a hidden jewel located in Pinal county, and it is a beautiful place to establish a business. With rural roots, this community dedicates itself to supporting and advancing entrepreneurs and small businesses. While Maricopa businesses are welcomed and encouraged, local pests in the area can close your doors fast!
The Pests That Invade Maricopa Businesses
Running a business requires a lot of blood, sweat, and sometimes tears. Just getting a business up off the ground is a feat of courage these days. After investing in your business, the last thing business owners need is a pest problem.
Common pests that afflict Maricopa businesses are as follows:
All The Ways Pests Can Damage A Maricopa Business
Pests in and around Maricopa businesses can bring all kinds of problems, and if those problems don't get addressed, it can lead to customer and revenue losses. Severe infestations can result in a business being closed, sometimes permanently!
Problems caused by local pests include:
- Termites: A termite problem causes structural damages from chewing. Wood products (including structural beams), flooring, and wallpaper can be affected. Over some time, termite problems can cause catastrophic structural damage.
- Cockroaches: Contamination of food and surfaces is what roaches do best. Cockroaches transmit over 33 different types of bacteria that they carry on their bodies, cause allergic reactions, and trigger asthma attacks.
- Rodents: These pests contaminate and destroy warehoused items such as stored goods and packaged products. Gnawing and nesting can result in damaged wood and wiring; rodents also ruin the insulation. They carry diseases and inflame asthma and allergy sufferers. Rodents also bring other pests such as mites, fleas, lice, and ticks.
- Pigeons: Bird droppings are acidic and can seriously damage buildings; their droppings also carry safety and health risks for both employees and customers. Pigeons are also carriers of other pests such as lice, mites, fleas, and ticks.
Pest Prevention Tips For Maricopa Businesses
Most pests that move into businesses are looking for three things, food, moisture, and shelter. They will exploit any weakness in a building's defenses. Pests can breach even minor cracks and gaps to enter businesses; therefore, areas inside and outside should be inspected regularly for potential weak spots.
Ten prevention measures business owners can employ that will help prevent invasions include the following:
- Repair damaged door and window frames (seal gaps and openings).
- Seal any gaps, holes, and cracks outside and inside your building with silicon-based caulking.
- Seal gaps around pipes, utility cables, and wires coming into the building.
- Use a dehumidifier for moisture control.
- Ventilate high attics, basements, and crawl spaces.
- Repair any leaking drains or pipes to aid moisture control.
- Keep foods stored in glass or metal containers with tight-fitting lids.
- Keep tree limbs trimmed and away from buildings; trim shrubs.
- Remove standing water from the property.
- Make roosting and nesting areas uncomfortable for birds.
How To Make Sure Pests Stay Away From Your Maricopa Business
All businesses are different and experience different pest issues. The only way to make sure local pests stay away from your investment is by partnering with Green Home Pest Control. Our commercial pest control services offer businesses pest-specific strategies that will address your individual needs. Don't let local pests destroy everything you have worked so hard to accomplish. Call Green Home Pest Control today for quality pest control and professional pest control services.