Sure You Know How To Properly Check For Bed Bugs In Scottsdale?
August 03, 2022
Anyone who has had the misfortune of struggling with bed bugs knows how pesky and difficult to eliminate they can be. These blood-feeding parasites can invade any home, no matter how well-maintained it is. If you fear you might have bed bugs in your Scottsdale home, act fast and call pest control in Scottsdale for help.
A female bed bug can lay nearly 500 eggs in her lifetime, so you'll want to terminate them before they have the opportunity to take over your home. Any slight delay in getting rid of them can result in a much bigger problem.
How To Properly Check For Bed Bugs
Before contacting bed bug pest control in Scottsdale, you'll want to ensure that you have bed bugs. Check for the following signs:
- Dark spots: Bed bugs excrete a dark brown/black substance that looks like a cross between mold and dirt. This is their droppings, and you'll often find it in the creases of your mattress or on your bedding.
- Eggs: These are small (about the size of a pinhead), white, and oval-shaped. You'll find them on your bedding, furniture, or in cracks and crevices.
- Bites: These bugs feed on your blood while you sleep, leaving small, red bites on your skin that are often itchy. Check your body for bites, especially if you wake up with new ones.
- Live bugs: You might see a bed bug crawling around. They're really tiny (about the size of an apple seed), brown, and flat.
As soon as you encounter any of these signs, call bed bug pest control in Scottsdale. The sooner you exterminate bed bugs, the better.
Signs Of Bed Bugs On Furniture
In addition to checking your body and bedding for signs of bed bugs, you should also inspect your furniture. These pests love to hide in cracks and crevices, so take a close look at all the nooks and crannies of your furniture, including:
- Under cushions
- In the seams of upholstered furniture
- In the cracks of wood furniture
- Between couch cushions
- On the underside of chairs and tables
These bloodsuckers are excellent at hiding, so it's important to do a thorough inspection. If you feel you're incapable of finding them, consult bed bug control companies near you for help.
What To Do If You Find A Bed Bug In Your Home
Before we look at what to do if you find a bed bug, let's first look at how these bugs get into your home in the first place. There are a few ways:
- Secondhand furniture. If you buy used furniture, there's a chance it could be infested with bed bugs. These pests love to hide in cracks and crevices, so inspect any secondhand furniture before bringing it into your home.
- Clothing. You can pick up bed bugs from clothing that's been hanging in an infested closet or from a pile of laundry.
- Luggage. Bed bugs are often brought into homes via luggage after traveling. Inspect your luggage carefully before bringing it into your home to prevent an infestation.
Now that you know how these bugs get into your home, let's look at what to do if you find one:
- First, don't panic. Bed bugs aren't known to spread diseases, so they won't make you sick.
- Second, try to contain the bug. The last thing you want is for it to escape and hide somewhere in your home.
- Third, call a bed bug control company. These firms have the experience and tools to effectively eliminate these pests from your home.
Dealing with bed bugs is never fun, but it's important to act fast if you think you might have an infestation. Bed bugs reproduce quickly and can take over your entire home in no time.
If you think you might have bed bugs, call bed bug pest control near you right away. Nip the problem in the bud before they have a chance to take over your home.
Professional Bed Bug Control In Scottsdale
Having a bed bug infestation can leave you feeling suffocated, anxious, and stressed. These pests are annoying and hard to get rid of on your own. However, with the help of a professional bed bug control company, you can eliminate these pests from your home for good.
At Green Home Pest Control, we understand how overwhelming it can be to deal with these critters. That's why we'll tirelessly work to eliminate them from your Scottsdale home quickly and efficiently. We use heat treatment, traditional treatment, and preventive treatment to eliminate bed bugs and keep them from re-infesting your home.
If you're dealing with a bed bug infestation, call us today. We'll work quickly to eliminate these pests to get your life back to normal.