The Best Way To Protect Your Chandler Home From Dangerous Pests
Do you like your home, and if so, why? What are some of your favorite features? A hot tub on the back deck? A shower with amazing water pressure? Perhaps the thing you love most about your home is that it is yours and you can do what you want with it. As humans, these things matter to us. For pests, all that matters to them is that they are safe and well-nourished. All of the amenities aside, if your home is temperature-controlled, stocked with food, and has accessible water, pests will want to live with you. The trick is putting in place prevention before dangerous pests like insects, arachnids, birds, bats, or rodents get any bright ideas. Here is how we recommend you do this.
Pests Are A Year-Round Problem
There is not a time during the year that one pest or another isn’t looking for a way into your home. Here are some of the most common pests around Chandler and what time of year they like to invade homes.
- Ants: There are many different species of ants that live here in Chandler. Some sting, others destroy wood, all are a nuisance around homes. Ants will invade homes at any time of the year but are more likely to get inside during the fall and winter months to avoid the colder weather.
- Bed Bugs: Bed bugs are small parasitic pests that rely on the blood of humans to survive. To get around, bed bugs hitchhike rides on items people carry. You are more likely to get a bed bug infestation during times where people are frequently traveling, such as around holidays or during the summer.
- Rodents: Rodents are annoying, dangerous, and destructive pests. The two most common rodents home invaders around Chandler are mice and rats. What makes these pests unique is that they prefer to live inside homes rather than outdoors. This makes mice and rats year-round pests.
- Crickets: Crickets are best known for their loud chirping and ability to hop long distances. Inside homes, crickets spread disease and keep homeowners up with their abrasive night songs. You are most likely to deal with a cricket infestation during the fall and winter.
- Termites: Termites are wood-destroying pests that cost Americans over five billion dollars annually. If the wood of your home is water damaged, rotting, or in decay, you will be more likely to encounter problems with these pests. Because termites live underground or deep within the walls of a home and stay out of the elements, they tend to be year-round pests.
The Best Way To Handle Pest Problems
There are two ways to handle a pest problem. You can either wait for pest related issues to arise and handle each problem on a case to case basis, or you can put in place preventative measures now to make sure pests aren’t able to get inside to cause trouble. We have found the second option is much more cost-effective and provides better protection against the threat and destruction pests bring into homes.
If you are looking for an eco-friendly option for pest control, we offer top of the line services here at Green Home Pest Control. Our team believes pest control should not be harmful to people and pets. This is why we use organically derived, botanical-based treatments, and environmentally friendly pest elimination and exclusion measures that are just as effective as traditional methods. You don’t have to choose between the health of our planet and a pest-free home; you can have both today. All you have to do is give us a call at Green Home Pest Control! One of our friendly technicians will walk you through your options and help you find one that best suits your needs.