What To Do About Formosan Termites In Chandler
June 12, 2022
Termites are not only a nuisance, but they can also cause a lot of damage to your property. If you live in Chandler, you need to be aware of Formosan termites.
These pests are incredibly destructive and can cause a lot of damage very quickly. However, regular Chandler pest control services can easily keep them from causing any harm. The sooner you take action, the less damage will be caused by these pesky critters.
What Do Formosan Termites Look Like?
Formosan termites are very similar in appearance to the Eastern subterranean termite. They're small, creamy-white insects that have soft bodies. Swarming Formosan termites also have two equally sized pairs of wings.
These pests can be challenging to identify if you're unfamiliar with them. However, with the help of a qualified termite and pest control professional, you should be able to identify them quickly and easily.
If you think you may have a termite problem in your Chandler home, then it's imperative to take action immediately. These pests can cause a lot of damage very quickly, especially Formosan termites.
That's why it's crucial to have a regular pest control service. With the help of a qualified professional, you can easily keep these pests under control and prevent them from causing any damage.
Where Do Formosan Termites Live?
Formosan termites live throughout the United States. However, they're most common in the southern states. These pests can live in both indoor and outdoor environments.
If you're concerned that you may have a termite problem in your Chandler home, then there are some telltale signs to look out for, including:
- Winged insects: If you see any flying termites around your home, this is a good indication that you have a termite problem.
- Mud tubes: Termites build mud tubes as they travel between their food source and their nest. If you see any of these tubes around your home, then it's likely that you have a termite infestation.
- Damaged wood: Termites eat wood from the inside out, so if you see any damage to the wood in your home, then it's likely that you have a termite problem.
- Frass: Termites produce a lot of fecal material, often referred to as "frass." If you see any piles of this material around your home, then it's likely that you have termites around.
Get professional termite control as soon as you notice any of these signs. Any delays could result in significant damage to your home, not to mention costly repairs.
Formosan Termites vs. Subterranean Termites: Key Differences
There are a few critical differences between Formosan termites and subterranean termites. First of all:
- Formosan termites are much more destructive.
- Formosan termites can build nests above ground, giving them access to more areas in your home.
- Formosan termite queens produce offspring faster than any other species of termites allowing them to grow larger colonies.
If you suspect you may have a termite problem on your property, get the best termite control company for your Chandler home. This way, you can rest assured that your home and family will be safe from these destructive pests.
The Best Way To Get Rid Of Formosan Termites In Chandler
The best way to get rid of Formosan termites in Chandler is with regular home pest control or commercial pest control services. With the help of Green Home Pest Control, you can keep these pests under control and prevent them from causing any damage.
We offer Formosan and subterranean termite treatment in Chandler. Our team is experienced and qualified to handle any termite problem. We use the latest technology and methods to get rid of these pests quickly and efficiently.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.