Types Of Ants Common In Chandler
Ants are very common pests in Chandler, but not all species present the same issues. Here are the most common types of ants that residents may encounter:
- Odorous house ants. Perhaps the most iconic ant, the odorous house ant is the one that homeowners are most likely to see in their kitchens and bathrooms. They’re dark brown to black in color and, while they’re mostly a nuisance, they can contaminate food with bacteria like E. coli.
- Red imported fire ants. These small orange ants are aptly named for their fiery exterior. They typically live outside in mounds and attack when they perceive a threat, leaving people with severe allergic reactions. When they gain entrance into a property, it’s usually through HVAC systems.
- Carpenter ants. This species of ant is reddish-brown in their appearance and the threat they pose is property damage. Carpenter ants are capable of ruining homes similarly to termites, though they burrow through wood rather than eat it. They attack wood that has been made vulnerable due to fungus or water damage.
- Pavement ants. Named for the place they like to call home, pavement ants live in the cracks in driveways and sidewalks and are searching for sweets and protein to eat.
For complete ant control, contact Green Home Pest Control today.
How Ants Get Inside Your Chandler Home
While you might think that your Chandler home is resistant to ants problems, these pests are attracted to sweet foods and moisture problems, and they’ll do anything they need to in order to gain access to these things. Ants are able to gain entrance into your home by:
- Crawling through the gaps around doors
- Walking past open doors
- Fitting through any cracks that might be present in your foundation
- Taking advantage of windows without screens or with worn ones
- Invading packages that were left on the porch
- Traveling in hardwoods and flooring
- Accidentally getting carried inside in other ways
No matter how ants are getting inside of your home, Green Home Pest Control can help. We understand that DIY methods typically fail homeowners and the level of cleanliness that is needed in order to prevent these problems is meticulous and restrictive to daily life. This is why we provide homeowners with safe and secure solutions to all of their ant problems. With highly trained technicians and botanically derived products, we customize each program that we put into place. All of our ant programs are even guaranteed, so if problems arise between regular visits, we’ll re-treat your property at no extra charge. For more information on ant control, contact us today.
Ants In The Kitchen Of Chandler Homes
Ants are easily drawn inside Chandler homes because of items that are found in the kitchen. They seek sweet and sugary food items as well as water sources, and these things are usually readily available to them. Some of the things that may lure ants into the kitchen include:
- Not storing food in secure, airtight containers.
- Using a trash bin without a lid and letting garbage pile up.
- Forgetting to rinse jars and cans before placing them in the recycling bin.
- Having leaky pipes or dripping faucets.
- Failing to check for food residue in places like garbage bins between uses.
- Having crumbs behind appliances.
- Not cleaning up after spills that occur on floors and countertops.
- Having gaps around doors and windows and crevices in the foundation.
When ants present themselves inside the kitchen or other places around the home, the best thing homeowners can do is bring in professional assistance from Green Home Pest Control. We provide each homeowner with a customized approach to solving their pest problems, and situations with ants are some of the most common ones that we see. With organic products and thorough service, we guarantee that ants will fail to be an issue. For more information on ant control, contact us today.
Ant Control Methods & Products In Chandler
When it comes to keeping ants from becoming an issue in Chandler properties, residents have a few options for how they want to address these issues. Because of ants’ small size, they’re able to fit through very small openings around doors and foundations. Homeowners can put basic exclusionary methods to use by applying weatherstripping to doors and windows, placing door sweeps where there are gaps, and filling gaps and cracks in the foundation with silicone-based caulk. Homeowners can also maintain a very clean interior by doing things like cleaning up spills of soap, shampoo, jams, and other sweet substances; fixing leaky faucets and pipes; taking the trash out on a regular basis; and storing food in secure containers.
Unfortunately, DIY products and methods typically fall short and are as ineffective as they are restrictive. Professional pest control from Green Home Pest Control uses professional-grade products that are derived from plants to not only achieve total elimination but to also create a barrier and keep these infestations from recurring. All of our services also come with a pest-free guarantee, which means that residents needn’t worry about ants again. If you're seeking effective ant control, contact us today.