It is no secret that ants can be a real pain, particularly when they invade your home. Not only are they a nuisance, but they can also carry diseases and contaminate your food. Getting rid of ants is challenging to do on your own, but the Peoria pest control experts at Green Home Pest Control offer safe and efficient solutions to your ant problems.
A Practical Guide To Ant Prevention For Peoria Homeowners
Here are some practical ant pest control tips to help prevent them from entering your home in the first place:
- Keep your home clean. Ants are attracted to food and other messes, so it's important to keep your house clean and free of crumbs or other food debris. Wipe down surfaces, vacuum regularly, and don't leave food out in the open.
- Store food properly. Be sure to store all food in airtight containers, and keep it sealed up tightly. This includes both human food and pet food.
- Seal up entry points. Take a look around your home and identify any potential entry points for ants. Be sure to seal up cracks and crevices with caulk or another type of sealant.
- Use scents ants hate. Some essential oils, like peppermint oil or citronella oil, can help keep ants away. You can either put a few drops on a cotton ball and place it near potential entry points, or diffuse the oil in your home.
- Call an exterminator. If you're dealing with a serious ant problem, it may be time to call in the professionals. A qualified exterminator like Green Home Pest Control will be able to get rid of your ant problem quickly and effectively.
Green Home Pest Control offers a wide range of pest services, including ant pest control. We have a team of experienced and qualified exterminators who can help you get rid of your ant problem once and for all using our eco-minded pest control solutions. Contact us today to learn more about our services or to schedule a free estimate.
All You Need To Know About The Ants In Peoria
As a homeowner, you may be wondering what types of ants are common in Peoria and how to keep them out of your home. There are a variety of ant species that are known to infest Peoria homes, including southern fire ants, carpenter ants, harvester ants, odorous house ants, rover ants, and pavement ants. While carpenter ants cause the most damage to your home, all types are capable of causing problems. If you're seeing large numbers of them in your home, it may be time to enlist professional ant control in Peoria.
Here are some basic facts about the ants commonly found here:
- Carpenter ants can do major damage to your home by hollowing out wood to build their nests. If you suspect you have carpenter ants, it is important to call an exterminator right away.
- Harvester ants are known for their large, red, swollen abdomens. They are attracted to sweet foods.
- Odorous house ants get their name from the fact that they release a foul-smelling substance when they are crushed. These ants are attracted to grease and other types of food.
- Rover ants are small, dark-colored ants that are often found in large numbers. They are also attracted mainly to sweet foods.
- Pavement ants are small, black ants that often build their nests in cracks in pavement. Like other ants, they will make their way inside when attracted by a food source.
To prevent any of these ants from becoming a problem, it is important to keep your home clean and free of food debris. Be sure to store all food in airtight containers, and wipe down all surfaces regularly. In addition, you should seal up any potential entry points with caulk or another type of sealant.
If you're already dealing with an ant infestation, it's best to call in the professionals for ant control in Peoria. Green Home Pest Control will be able to get rid of your ant problem quickly and effectively. We're committed to providing the best pest control services possible using safe and environmentally friendly methods. Contact us today to learn how we can get rid of your ant problem for good.
Ant Extermination Cost In Peoria
The average cost of ant extermination in Peoria will vary depending on the size and severity of the infestation, as well as the type of ant involved. If you have a large problem with carpenter ants, for example, the cost will generally be higher. Carpenter ants can do a lot of damage to your home, so it is important to call an exterminator experienced in carpenter ant pest control as soon as you suspect you have them.
If you have an ant infestation in your Peoria home, extermination services such as those offered by Green Home Pest Control are a worthwhile investment because:
- We will get rid of your ant problem quickly and effectively. Store-bought ant sprays may work for a short time, but they will not solve the problem long-term. We have the tools and experience necessary to get rid of your ants for good.
- We will save you money in the long run. If left untreated, an ant infestation can cause serious damage to your home. By calling us as soon as you notice a problem, you can avoid costly repairs down the road.
- We will protect your family's health. Some types of ants, such as carpenter ants, can cause allergic reactions in some people. We will eliminate the risk of exposure to these dangerous pests using our safe and environmentally-friendly methods.
- We will help to prevent future infestations. Once your home has been treated for ants, we will provide you with tips on how to prevent future infestations.
If you think you may have an ant problem, don't hesitate to call Green Home Pest Control. Whether you need carpenter ant pest control or any other pest services, we will be happy to come out and give you a free estimate. We're committed to providing the best possible service at a fair price. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.
Ant Prevention And Control Tips From Peoria Exterminators
Ants inside your home can be a major issue; they can contaminate your food and also spread diseases. One of the best ways to prevent an ant infestation is to make your home less attractive to them in the first place. Here are some tips for practicing ant control in your house:
- Keep your kitchen clean. Wipe down all surfaces, including the inside of cabinets, on a regular basis. Store food in airtight containers to prevent ants from getting to it.
- Seal up entry points. Take a walk around your home and look for any cracks or holes that ants could use to get inside. Seal them up with caulk or another type of sealant.
- Eliminate moisture. Ants are attracted to moisture, so it's important to keep your home dry. Fix any leaks and make sure that all surfaces are dry.
- Keep your yard clean. Keep your lawn trimmed and free of debris. Store firewood and other potential nesting materials away from your home.
- Remove potential food sources. If you have pet food or birdseed outside, make sure it's in a sealed container. Don't leave any food out on countertops or tables where ants can get to it.
- Try black or cayenne pepper. Ants don't like the smell of black pepper and cayenne pepper, so sprinkling it around your home may help to keep them away.
If you follow these tips for ant control in your house, you can help to prevent an infestation. However, even if you're taking all the necessary precautions, ants can still find their way into your home. If you notice ants, it's important to call an exterminator like Green Home Pest Control right away. The sooner you take action, the easier it will be to get rid of your ant problem.
At Green Home Pest Control, we have years of experience dealing with all types of ants. Our botanically or organically derived products are just as effective as chemical-based products, yet safe for children and pets. We will work quickly and efficiently to get rid of your ant problem so you can go back to enjoying your home. Contact us today to schedule a free estimate and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Peoria.