A Handy Ant Control Guide For Scottsdale Homeowners
Scottsdale homes fall victim to ant infestations on a regular basis because of how easy it is to attract these issues. When that happens, the most secure and trusted form of ant control is with professional help from Green Home Pest Control. With more than three decades of experience working with local homeowners, our highly trained technicians understand what it takes to treat a property thoroughly and with great care.
We begin this process with a home inspection that allows us to understand where ants are coming from and why they’ve become an issue. Once we’ve been able to identify the species of ant that is causing problems, the extent of the infestation, and its location, we customize a treatment plan for each customer we work with. This step includes the highest quality plant-based products that are designed to provide maximum protection while also being safe for people, pets, and the environment. Our ant control customers are typically on a recurring maintenance plan for bi-monthly services, which we encourage so that ants can cease to be an issue. To learn more about the benefits of our ant removal and prevention services, contact Green Home Pest Control today.
All You Need To Know About The Ants In Scottsdale
When it comes to the ants that you might encounter in Scottsdale, not all of them are the same. Here are the types of ants that might populate around your home and what they mean for you:
- Odorous house ant. The small black ant is the one that’s most commonly found when you see a trail of ants in your kitchen or the bathroom. They are primarily a nuisance, however, if they deposit bacteria into your food, then E. coli infections might not be too far behind.
- Carpenter ants. This species of ant poses a big issue with regard to property damage. The carpenter ant is a large, brownish-black ant that burrows through the wood around your property causing termite-like damage.
- Red imported fire ant. Aptly named for their fiery coloring, these small ants typically live in mounds outside and can be very aggressive. If their mound is disturbed, they may bite as a group, leaving you with discomfort and allergic reactions.
- Pavement ants. As the name would suggest, pavement ants build their colonies in the cracks of driveways and sidewalks. The biggest issue that they pose is the extent to which their numbers can grow if they’re not controlled quickly.
For effective ant control, contact Green Home Pest Control today.
Ants In Your Scottsdale House: Simple Ways To Get Rid Of Them
When ants come calling to your Scottsdale home, they’re usually looking for food or water, and sometimes both. In order to get rid of them, it’s important to remove all of the attractions. The best way to accomplish this is with the following tips:
- Fill all cracks in your foundation with silicone-based caulk.
- Fit weatherstripping around your doors and windows.
- Inspect packages for ant activity before bringing them inside.
- Replace worn window screens or patch up old ones.
- Clean up thoroughly after crumbs and spills.
- Disinfect the surfaces around your home routinely.
- Check for leaks regularly and fix them when they occur. Look at places like downspouts, gutters, faucets, bathtubs, and showerheads.
- Always keep pantry items and leftovers stored in secure containers.
- Aim to keep basements and closets moisture-free.
- Avoid letting condensation gather from hoses, washing machines, and air conditioning units.
- Work with a local pest control specialist in order to create a barrier from ants around your entire home.
For more information on reliable ant control, contact Green Home Pest Control today.
Ant Control Methods & Products In Scottsdale
Ants are one of the most common nuisance pests that Scottsdale homeowners may come across at any given time of the year. Typically, DIY methods are put into place to deal with these pests, but they are often unfruitful. To start, there are openings around every home that a homeowner isn’t aware of nor can they be. There might be very small gaps between a deck and the rest of the house that the average individual wouldn’t know how to spot but that is ideal for ants. Similarly, a homeowner would have to properly fill every gap around a door and replace worn window screens. Even if that were able to be achieved, they’re not the most secure methods. Additionally, in order to deter ants, homeowners would need to maintain a spotless, hygienic interior in order to make an unattractive interior. Having even so much as a few crumbs, a leaky faucet, or garbage that needs to be taken out is enough to lure ants inside.
Because developing an ant problem can happen seemingly overnight, Green Home Pest Control is dedicated to providing reliable ant control that is derived from botanicals. This means maximum protection without the harms of harsh chemicals. All of our ant control work comes with a guarantee as well. For more information on these services, contact us today.