What Types Of Cockroaches Invade Scottsdale Properties
One of the most common pest problems that Scottsdale property owners can expect to encounter is a cockroach outbreak. Some of the most common species that are likely to appear in the area include:
- Oriental cockroach: Dark brown to black in coloring, the Oriental cockroach is perhaps one of the largest in the area and uses the sewer system for traveling.
- American cockroach: This large, auburn-colored species has wings but rarely uses them. They are frequently in search of moisture, which is why they’re known as the water bug.
- Brown-banded cockroach: Appropriately named for the brown band that they’re marked with, the brown-banded cockroach usually lives in kitchen cabinets and anywhere moisture is present.
- German cockroach: The most frequently occurring species across the globe, the German cockroach thrives on crumbs and is developing an immunity to over-the-counter pesticides.
At Green Home Pest Control, we work to address any kind of cockroach that could present themselves in Scottsdale properties. Our services are all customized to the unique needs of each customer we service, whether that’s a homeowner, restaurant, or office building. We inspect each property to the fullest extent and use organic products that are safe for people and pets. Each of our signature cockroach services comes with a pest-free guarantee as well. To learn more about cockroach control, contact us today.
Are Cockroaches In Scottsdale Harmful To Humans?
Cockroaches are far more than an unwanted and unsightly pest for Scottsdale residents. These pests are some of the most harmful and most tenacious out there. Prior to entering a place of business or home, cockroaches typically live in sewers and amongst waste, making them highly dangerous. According to the World Health Organization, cockroaches are “unsanitary scavengers” that are capable of depositing very harmful bacteria into foods. They are suspected of carrying microorganisms that lead to diarrhea, plague, dysentery, and cholera. Cockroaches are also associated with E. coli, salmonella, streptococcus, staphylococcus, and gastrointestinal problems. These issues are caused when cockroaches leave behind their saliva, fecal matter, and the body parts that they shed during the molting process. When particles of these same byproducts spread throughout the air, they may also agitate asthma attacks and allergies. Additionally, stress and anxiety are frequent problems for people dealing with cockroach infestations because of the negative connotations that come with these pests.
At Green Home Pest Control, we work around the clock to protect residents from these types of dangers in a way that DIY methods simply don’t. Our cockroach control is based around keen attention to detail, safe botanically derived products, and a guarantee that ensures cockroaches will no longer be an issue as long as we’re involved. For more information on cockroach control, contact us today.
The Most Effective Way To Get Rid Of Roaches In Scottsdale
When cockroach problems develop in Scottsdale properties, they can be brutal to get rid of with DIY methods. Their infestations are typically much larger than they appear on the surface and the most common species, the German cockroach, is even developing an immunity to many readily purchased pesticides. That’s why the most effective way to get rid of cockroaches is with professional help from Green Home Pest Control.
We handle cockroaches in a way that is tough on pests but safe for humans. We begin with a thorough inspection of the affected property, searching for eggs, larvae, and adults, as well as the type of cockroach that’s present and where the infestation is located. Once we’ve collected our findings, we’ll customize a treatment plan that’s designed to not only get rid of active cockroaches but to prevent them from coming back as well. All of our cockroach services even come with a service guarantee, so if any roaches should reappear by your follow-up service, we’ll re-treat a property until the entire issue has been resolved. To learn more about our methods of cockroach control, contact Green Home Pest Control today.
Simple Cockroach Prevention Tips For Scottsdale Properties
Cockroaches are one of the most tenacious pests for Scottsdale property owners. Here are a few simple steps that individuals can take to prevent them from becoming an issue:
- Seal up entry points around the property with materials like silicone-based caulk in cracks and weather stripping around doors and windows.
- If condensation pools up outside of a property, from a hose or air conditioning unit, be sure to redirect it.
- Thoroughly inspect all packages before bringing them inside, as roaches are likely to hide in them.
- Try to limit the number of places where food is stored and consumed. In offices, be sure that employees are properly storing snacks, restaurant kitchens should practice proper food storage, and at home, keep pantry items in airtight containers.
- Fix leaky faucets, pipes, gutters, and toilets.
- Remove all clutter like old newspapers and magazines.
- Take out the trash often.
- Bring in professional help from a local pest expert.
At Green Home Pest Control, we know how dangerous cockroaches are and how difficult removing them can be. When it comes to situations like these, we work with property owners to safely address these issues with plant-based products and guaranteed services. To learn more about our cockroach control programs, contact us today.