Is Your Scottsdale Home Rodent Proof?
Having a rodent-proof home is one of the most important things that you can do for your Scottsdale property. Rodents are capable of sneaking through dime-sized openings, so be sure to fill any opening around your foundation, doors, and windows that you might spot. Materials like sheet metal, weatherstripping, steel wool, and wire mesh are particularly helpful. It’s important to ensure a good seal around doors because the gaps around them are one of the most common ways that rodents can get inside. Keeping doors and windows open judiciously is also important because rodents can also easily just run right into your home. It’s also crucial to trim back any overhanging trees and shrubbery that might be coming into contact with your home, as rats are very skilled climbers. For more help with rodent control and rodent-proofing your home, contact Green Home Pest Control today.
Everything Scottsdale Homeowners Need To Know About Rodent Infestations
With rodent infestations being a part of daily life in Scottsdale, there are certain things that homeowners need to know. Some of those are:
- Other pests are never too far away. Rodents often play host to parasites like mites, fleas, and ticks, so having a problem with them can very easily cause another problem. Dealing with parasites can mean other health problems too, like tapeworms, murine typhus, and Lyme disease.
- Health risks are plentiful. Through their fecal matter, saliva, and urine, rodents can spread pathogens that lead to hantavirus, salmonella, and leptospirosis. They can also irritate allergies and asthma attacks.
- Property damage can be severe. Due to a need to keep their front teeth from overgrowing, rodents are known to chew on anything they can find. Sometimes this can be furniture and walls and other times it's electrical wiring.
- Problems are usually large. Rodents can reproduce nearly every couple of months, so rats are capable of having 60 pups a year, while mice are capable of having 120. This means that issues are often much larger than they seem.
- Rodents are adaptable. While rodents are nocturnal in nature, they will also fall into a pattern with the home that they’ve invaded. If a person works the third shift, rodents will get on their routine because they know that’s when water might be running or crumbs will be produced.
For reliable rodent control, contact Green Home Pest Control today.
Why Mousetraps Are Not Effective For Scottsdale Properties
When Scottsdale property owners encounter a mouse scampering across their kitchen floors, it’s a very common response to go out and purchase a mousetrap. This DIY method, however, is rarely, if at all, effective. The first key reason why mouse traps are a waste is that they are not capable of addressing the entirety of an infestation. Mice can have a litter of pups approximately every six weeks and can produce a maximum of 120 pups each year. There is simply no way that a single mousetrap could keep up with each of these creatures. Unfortunately, the average homeowner is also not equipped with the professional knowledge required in order to catch a single mouse. Homeowners will often use the wrong type of bait, too much bait, let the bait go stale, or place the trap incorrectly and not catch a single mouse. It’s also possible that homeowners are using the wrong kind of trap that’s required to catch mice at all.
At Green Home Pest Control, we have more than three decades of experience liberating properties from their mouse problems. We implement Integrated Pest Management methods in order to treat every home and business with the attention to detail that they deserve. For more information on mouse control, contact us today.
Here's Why You Should Call The Pros About Rodents In Your Scottsdale Home
Rodent infestations are a very popular problem for Scottsdale homeowners and there are several very important reasons why it’s always a better call to bring in the professionals. In addition to three decades of experience, working with the team at Green Home Pest Control will offer you a very thorough three-step process to ensure your complete safety and satisfaction. We begin with a meticulous inspection of your entire property in order to look for signs of rodents like greasy smear marks, as well as points of entry and places around your home that could pose an issue. During this part of the process, we will also identify the type of rodent that you’re dealing with.
From there, we turn to the Integrated Pest Management system in order to customize the exact treatment plan that you will receive. This means that we treat every home differently and also work to find safe, long-lasting solutions to keep rodents from returning. In addition to getting rid of rodents, we also provide homeowners with sanitation services and routine monitoring. Finally, we follow up with you to ensure that your rodent problem has been resolved. All of our services are also backed by a pest-free guarantee, so we won’t stop until your home is free from rodents. To learn more about rodent control, contact us today.