Cockroach Control In Surprise, AZ
Surprise, Arizona is a suburb of Phoenix with the charm of a small town and the excitement of a big city. Surprise has a lot to offer its residents, from outdoor activities and sports to art galleries and festivals.
Surprise is full of wonderful surprises, but some are not so pleasant. Finding a cockroach scuttling across your kitchen floor, for instance. For any unpleasant pest surprises, you can count on the team at Green Home Pest Control.
We offer residential and commercial pest control in Surprise, including cockroach control services. Read on to learn what all Surprise residents should know about cockroaches and how our professional cockroach solutions can help.
Most Common Cockroaches Found In Surprise
There are over 4,500 species of cockroaches worldwide, but luckily, we only have to deal with a handful here. In Surprise, the most common cockroaches are:
German cockroaches are the most common home-invading species, and they are also the smallest, ranging between 1/2 to 5/8 inch long. They are identifiable by their light brown to tan coloring and two dark stripes behind their head.
American cockroaches are the largest home-invading species, ranging from 1 1/4 to 2 1/8 inches long. They are identifiable by their reddish-brown coloring and yellowish figure-8 pattern on the back of their head.
Oriental cockroaches are another large species at about one inch long. They are identifiable by their shiny black or dark reddish-brown appearance.
If you don't currently have a cockroach problem in your home, you can use these tips to prevent them:
- Keep food stored properly in air-tight containers or the refrigerator.
- Use garbage cans with a tight-fitting lid.
- Clean up crumbs and spills right away, vacuuming and sweeping regularly.
- Reduce moisture by addressing leaks, using dehumidifiers, and keeping your yard clear of organic debris.
- Check the exterior of your home for cracks, damaged screens, and other entry points.
If you have an active infestation, don't try to get rid of them on your own; call Green Home Pest Control instead.
Having Cockroaches In Your Surprise Home Is Worse Than You May Think
As you can imagine, or even know from experience, having cockroaches in your home is not good. But you may not know just how bad it is to have an infestation of this pest.
Cockroaches are one of the most challenging pests to deal with because of the difficulties in getting rid of them:
- They aren't picky eaters: Cockroaches eat just about anything, which means they can survive off of non-food items like glue, book bindings, cardboard, stamps, leather, and much more. Even if your home is free of traditional food sources, cockroaches can still thrive.
- Strong immune systems and smell receptors: Cockroaches can live in some of the filthiest places with their immune systems but can also detect potentially dangerous food sources.
- Resistance to conventional pesticides: This is self-explanatory; traditional products can be ineffective against cockroaches, especially as they continue reproducing.
- Quick reproducers: Cockroaches are known to reproduce rapidly, and females can even reproduce asexually if no males are present.
- Other factors: Cockroaches have hard exoskeletons, making them difficult to crush. They are also fast, so catching them is nearly impossible at times. They can also live several weeks without food, a week without water, and a week without their head.
Getting rid of cockroaches is not easy, but the earlier you catch them, the better. Here are several signs to look for if you are worried about cockroaches in your home:
- Smear marks
- Shed skin
- Unpleasant odor
- Chew marks
If you believe you have cockroaches in your home or want to prevent them, contact Green Home Pest Control.
Here's What Makes Surprise Cockroaches So Dangerous
Cockroaches are bad news, but they are more than just annoying; they are dangerous for several reasons:
- Cockroaches cause contamination as they move around the property they've infested.
- Cockroaches can irritate allergies and asthma with the waste and dust they create.
- Cockroaches can spread diseases, including typhoid fever, E. coli, gastroenteritis, salmonellosis, cholera, listeriosis, and dysentery.
On top of these issues, having cockroaches can also cause you and others much stress, affecting other areas of your health.
When it comes to this pest, you want to get rid of them quickly and efficiently. And the best way to do this is with professional pest control services.
Putting An End To Surprise Cockroach Infestations
If you are dealing with a cockroach infestation in your Surprise home, you should contact us at Green Home Pest Control to eradicate it.
Because of how challenging cockroaches are to eliminate, we offer targeted services for this pest. These services consist of the following:
First, we will scrutinize your property to look for signs of cockroaches, nesting sites, hotspots, and droppings.
Using Integrated Pest Management and eco-friendly products, we customize a plan for your needs, addressing the cause of your cockroach problem to provide a long-lasting solution.
We will make recommendations to make your property less conducive to cockroaches. To ensure your pest problem is gone, we will follow up, re-treating it if necessary.
Our expert technicians understand the different types of cockroaches in the area, so they will address specific control and prevention needs for the species you are experiencing.
For more information about our cockroach treatments in Surprise, give us a call at Green Home Pest Control.