Five Reasons Rodents Love Tempe
Who would have thought that rodents love Tempe as much as the residents? As humans, we love the beautiful weather, climates, and natural scenery. On the other hand, Rodents love Tempe for what we as humans provide for them, and by the increased rodent population on several properties, you would think we welcome them with open arms.
Though we don’t necessarily have “All Rodents Welcome” signs in our front yards, we still unknowingly attract rodents to our properties. Take a look at five ways you could be welcoming rodents to your home without realizing it:
- You’re Leaving Pet Food Out: When using your pet food bowls outdoors, properly dispose of the food and wash the container, leaving no food residue, as your pet’s food is food that rodents enjoy Once they’ve nibbled on even the tiniest piece, the entire serving of food is contaminated and not safe for your pet to eat.
- You Have Water Sources Easily Accessible: Everything from your pet’s water bowl and leaking pipes to the saucer under potted plants holding excess water is a viable water source for rodents; they’ll take water any way.
- You Have Fallen Fruit On The Ground In Your Yard: In Tempe, it’s prevalent for properties to have fruit trees in the yard, and with fruit trees comes fallen fruit sitting on the ground. Rodents love citrus fruit, so you often see rotted fruit or fruit with holes in them from rodents gnawing on them. You should harvest fruit and keep it off the ground.
- You’re Providing Hiding Places: You should keep it to a minimum for clutter or debris in your yard. Things like firewood or leaf piles need to be placed far away from your home.
- You’re Providing Easy Access Inside Your Home: Rodents generally have poor eyesight and don’t depend on it to get around. They tend to crawl along the exterior of your home, feeling the warmth from small openings inside your home. Once they find a warm breeze, they attempt to get inside.
These reasons are why rodents love Tempe as much as we do. However, that doesn’t mean they’re welcome on our properties. You can make efforts on your end to make your property less attractive to them. Still, professional rodent control services will be the safest measure to take, as rodents carry and spread various diseases. To get your rodent control services started today, call Green Home Pest Control.
Rodent Warning Signs In Your Tempe Home
Aside from seeing live rodents yourself making themselves at home in your home, here are a few signs of a rodent infestation:
- Scratching sounds within the walls and attic
- Nests built from various materials found inside and outside your home
- Teeth marks on drywall, wood, insulation, and electrical components
- Rodent droppings
- Strong ammonia-like scent of rodent urine
- Greasy marks along the pathways and baseboards of entry points
Contact Green Home Pest Control immediately if you see one or more of these signs in or around your home. Female rodents can produce 32 to 56 pups per year and start mating immediately after birth. So, what that means is that if they’ve lived in your home undetected, you could be looking at a new litter of rodents in as little as 25 days, with litters containing six to eight pups. Call our rodent control experts today to prevent infestations from growing in your home.
Keeping Your Tempe Home Rodent-Free in 2022
Professional rodent control services are vital to keeping your Tempe home rodent-free. With these services, it’s important to note that because rodents don’t just show up one time and then leave, you also want to make sure your pest control services aren’t a one-and-done type of deal.
Rodents are known to spread diseases such as salmonella, hantavirus, tularemia, and rat-bite fever, to name a few. As damaging as they are to our health, they’re also just as damaging to our homes, gnawing through various items around our homes, including walls and wiring, which has the risk of causing electrical fires.
At Green Home Pest Control, we treat your home for rodents with our three-step process:
- Thorough inspection
- Follow-up services
This three-step process eliminates an active infestation in your home and prevents new ones from forming. To get your services started, talk to one of our rodent control experts.
The Ultimate Rodent-Prevention Guide For Tempe Property Owners
As they say, prevention is always better than finding a cure, and the statement holds for rodent prevention. Here are some ways to take preventive measures in preventing a potential rodent infestation on your Tempe property:
- Keep shrubs, bushes, and other landscaping a safe distance away from your home’s exterior to reduce hiding spots.
- Eliminate yard clutter.
- Address water issues by fixing leaky pipes and hoses.
- Keep lids on trash cans and compost bins.
- Keep outdoor eating areas free of food debris and maintain gardens and fruit trees.
- Store food in the refrigerator or airtight containers.
- Don’t leave uneaten pet food out in the evening.
- Store pet food in plastic or metal containers with locking lids.
- Eliminate entry points into your home by inspecting its exterior and sealing any spaces found with strong materials that can hold up against a rodent’s sharp teeth.
These methods are great preventive efforts to keep rodents from entering your property. By taking away the very things that attract them to your property and taking advantage of professional rodent control services with Green Home Pest Control, your Tempe property is sure to be rodent-free in no time!