How to Tell If Your Tempe Home Has a Termite Problem
Simply hearing the word “termite” can make any homeowner shake in their boots. Termites are one of the most destructive pests that can enter a property. These pests are notorious for causing over $5 billion in property damages every year, totaling around 600,000 homes in the United States. Of course, no one wants to be part of such a devastating statistic; however, many property owners neglect to invest in termite control services.
Sometimes signs of termite problems are apparent, but in many cases, most don’t recognize them because not only do people not know what to look for, but they also already have it in their minds that they don’t have a termite problem. Some signs of a termite problem include:
- Windows And Doors That Stick: If your windows or doors seem hard to open or close, especially if they weren't at first but suddenly became that way, you could have a termite problem. Termites eat through the wood around your doors and windows; it causes the wood to warp, making them difficult to open or close.
- Mud Tubes: Mud tubes are the transit systems, so to speak, termites travel from the ground into your property or their food sources in the tubes. They are then protected from the outdoors as they have high moisture needs.
- Termite Swarmers And Discarded Wings: Swarmers are the reproductive species of termites. If you see them or their discarded wings, they’re a definite sign that you either have termite activity on your property or termite activity is happening nearby.
- Termite Droppings: Termite droppings tend to look like sawdust. If you see this around your property and haven’t seen any wood, you have a termite problem.
- Wallpaper Or Paint Damage: This sign can sometimes look like water damage. If you see bubbling paint or discolored wallpaper, it’s a sign that you either need to get some home repairs done or that you need to call a pest control professional. Home repairs sometimes discover termite problems.
If you notice any of these signs, having your home inspected as a safety precaution never hurts. At Green Home Pest Control, we can guarantee you that our termite control services are much more affordable as a preventive measure than what it will cost you in-home repairs due to termites infesting your Tempe property. Give us a call to schedule your inspection and stop a termite infestation before it has the opportunity to happen.
What Should I Do If I Think I Have Termites In Tempe?
As your Tempe pest control professionals, we’ll start by telling you what not to do, and that is not to try and attempt removing termites on your own. Termites can hide in the deepest, darkest spaces of your home that you would never be able to reach or even know.
If you think you have termites, you need to call termite professionals. At Green Home Pest Control, we will treat your Tempe property, starting with a thorough inspection. We know exactly where to look and can let you know the type of termites infesting your home and where. After the inspection and review, we can then begin our treatment process. We provide liquid and bait treatments.
To get your termite treatment started today, give us a call to schedule your inspection with one of our trained termite exterminators.
Reasons For Being Mindful Of Termites Throughout The Year In Tempe
The number one reason you must be mindful of termites throughout the year is that termites eat 24 hours a day, seven days a week, without taking any break. Because of that, your property is at risk of damage every waking moment they’re in your home.
One aspect to note is that a colony of termites can live for up to two years once inside your home; the queen termite can live for up to 20 years and continue laying eggs during her lifespan. Knowing these aspects about termites, regular, ongoing termite control services will be the best form of protection for your property, as these pests never stop working. Call Green Home Pest Control to get your ongoing termite control services started.
What Tempe Homeowners Need To Know About Termite Control
At Green Home Pest Control, we know and understand the threat termites are to your Tempe home, and professional termite control services are your safest and most effective form of treatment.
We offer liquid and bait treatments. Here’s a little information on the two treatments:
- Liquid Treatment: We implement liquid treatments and conduct a trench method around the exterior of your home so that termites can’t gain access to your home.
- Bait Treatment: Bait is placed evenly around the exterior of your home between 15 to 20 feet. We use the Trelona® ATBS Advance® Termite Baiting System to protect homes from termites. The bait works because the termites will take the bait and bring it back to their home colonies, which will eliminate the colony. They design bait stations to create a protective barrier to prevent termites from getting inside your home.
We also offer pre-treatments on new construction; this helps ensure that termites don’t infest new buildings while under construction. We guarantee all our services at Green Home Pest Control, and if termites return to your home during your warranty period, we’ll return and retreat at no charge.
As termites are working throughout the year, we also offer ongoing termite control services. Give Green Home Pest Control a call to get your pest control services started.