Are The Rodents In Chandler A Chore To Get Rid Of?
November 15, 2022
Rodents invading your Chandler property can be a nightmare. The best way to catch mice or other rodents is to trust Chandler pest control professionals to eradicate this pest for good.
Can Mice Eat Wood?
Mice, like most other rodents, are expert chewers and are constantly gnawing at the things they come across to keep their large front teeth in shape. Mice can chew through wood, and while they prefer damaged, rooting, or water-logged wood, they can chew through virtually any piece of wood they see. Behavior like this causes serious problems, as mice can damage the internal structures of your property once they invade. Proper mouse control can stop these property damages from occurring.
What Causes Mice In A Clean House?
Despite what you may think, mice don’t necessarily need a cluttered, dirty house to invade. While having an excess of trash and food around for mice to scavenge through can attract this pest, mice are likely to be attracted to areas that offer easy access to the necessities of food, water, and shelter. Even if you keep a spotless home, you may have many of these attractants on easy display for mice to invade. If you want to eliminate mice permanently, you should evaluate the factors bringing this pest to your home and work to remove them.
Are Mice Harder To Get Rid Of Than Rats?
While the diseases mice carry are serious, and this pest can be a nightmare to eliminate, mice can be easier to get rid of than rats. Rats tend to be more aggressive and are more prone to biting, making them more dangerous. Rats can also remove the lure from traps without triggering them, which mice can often not achieve. In either case, professionals should deal with an infestation of mice or rats, as that is the only way to ensure the total removal of your rodent problem in Chandler.
Consult The Professionals When Dealing With Rodents In Chandler
If you want to permanently get rid of mice and other rodents, your first step should be to consult with professionals in Chandler. Green Home Pest Control will help you identify your major rodent problem areas and work with you to remove conditions that encourage infestations. We will also ensure that every trace of mice or rats is removed from your Chandler home, leaving you with greater peace of mind.
In addition to our professional assistance, you can follow these rodent prevention tips to pest-proof your property:
- Seal potential entry points with steel wool and caulking to stop rodents from chewing into cracks and gaps around your property.
- To prevent rodents from sneaking inside, utilize window and door screens and keep exterior entrances closed as often as possible.
- Repair holes in the roof of your property and use mesh screens over vented areas to keep rodents outside.
- Store leftover food properly and consider using airtight containers in food storage areas to keep rodents out.
- Make sure that trash bags are sealed tightly, and use trash cans with lids to prevent scavenging in waste disposal areas.
- Reduce rodent harborage areas outside by cutting back long grasses, removing debris, and storing wood piles away from the foundation of your property.
- Address the moisture issues that result in pools of excess water that draw thirsty rodents.
Don’t hesitate to contact Green Home Pest Control for more information or assistance dealing with rodents on your property.