Gilbert's Guide To Total Bed Bug Control
March 04, 2022
There’s not much worse than the idea of bugs crawling around in your bed. Crawling into bed at the end of a long day is a sacred ritual, and to have that ritual compromised by hundreds of little insects rustling around in your mattress and sheets is enough to make anyone’s skin crawl. However, there is a lot of misinformation out there about these pests, making it hard to prevent them from entering your Gilbert home, and even harder to get rid of once they’re there.
Do Bed Bugs In My Gilbert Home Mean It's Dirty?
There is this idea that if you have bed bugs in your Gilbert home, it must mean that your home, and you, are dirty. However, much like cockroaches, bed bugs are not actually attracted to grime, dirt, and other messes. Instead, bed bugs are attracted to warmth, blood, and carbon dioxide.
The warmth aspect makes your bed a very appealing destination. Having the ability to crawl into your mattress and sheets provides all the warmth a bed bug could need. On top of that, a sleeping human, lying still, just provides breakfast in bed. Sleeping humans in a warm location are exactly what bed bugs are looking for, so they can feast on your blood while they stay in the comfort of your warm sheets. They also are attracted to the carbon dioxide that you exhale every time you breathe, making beds the absolute perfect place for them to set up shop and thrive.
Do Bed Bugs In Gilbert Travel On Clothes?
Another myth about bed bugs is that they travel from place to place on your clothes. However, that is highly unlikely. Bed bugs also do not have wings, so they move slowly, unless human-assisted. Below are some ways bed bugs infiltrate Gilbert homes:
- Luggage: Bed bugs will cling to items that you may use on vacation, and then pack up and bring back to your Gilbert home.
- Furniture: If you purchase used furniture, be sure to check for the presence of bed bugs before bringing it into your home — they are likely to be hidden deep in the cushions, where it is warm, and bringing in infested furniture means they will infest your beds as well.
- Purses and bags: While out and about, be careful where you set your purse and bags down. Try to keep them off the floors, as this makes it easier for these pests to climb in and hitch a free ride back to your place.
What Are Some Bed Bug Control Tips For My Gilbert Home?
The best way to keep bed bugs out of your Gilbert home is to implement prevention strategies. Below are some tips on how to keep bed bugs from infesting your Gilbert home:
- Remove clutter: Bed bugs like tiny crevices that are warm; mainly they are looking for a place to hide. Removing clutter from your floors strips bed bugs of possible hiding spots.
- Vacuum regularly: Vacuuming regularly ensures you catch stray bed bugs, if they are present.
- Wash luggage after traveling: Bed bugs will hitch a ride in your luggage if they are present wherever you are storing your luggage when you’re out of town. Thoroughly cleaning your suitcases ensures bed bugs don’t survive long enough to infest your home.
- Be picky about where you get your furniture: Avoid picking up random furniture from dumpsters and curbs. Instead, secure your furniture from clean places and thoroughly inspect them for bed bugs before bringing them into your Gilbert home.
How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In Your Gilbert Home Fast!
The best thing to do upon the discovery of a bed bug infestation in your Gilbert home is to call Green Home Pest Control. We have more than 30 years of experience identifying and exterminating entire bed bug infestations. Our expert technicians are armed with the skills and tools needed to safely and effectively exterminate bed bugs from your Gilbert home, all while using eco-friendly and pet-safe, child-safe treatments. Don’t let bed bugs ruin your sleep — call us today!