How To Deter Pesky Birds In Tempe From Living On Your Property
February 14, 2022
Tempe is a town that feels "alive" and is just 20 minutes from Phoenix. It is a natural desert beauty. While you might enjoy all the outdoor recreational activities, the downtown center of Tempe is vibrant and bustling. It has tons of independent shops, relaxing cafes that offer sidewalk seating, restaurants with phenomenal food, and even outdoor courtyards where your furry friends are welcome. Unnoticed by most, local birds in the area lurk above all this bustling activity and can bring severe pest problems to Tempe residents.
Where Do Birds Like To Build Their Nests In Tempe?
Multiple bird species in Tempe think your home is the perfect spot to roost or nest. Most homeowners don't give bird problems a second thought until they become a nuisance around their homes. These aerial nuisances bring destruction and health dangers to your home and to those you love. There are numerous areas that birds will settle into around the home, which makes bird control necessary.
Places that you will commonly see bird nests include the following:
- Open/sheltered ledges
- Under decks and porches
- Under eaves of houses
- Nooks and crannies
- Dryer vents
- Cavities in buildings or trees
- Under awnings
- Behind shutters
How Do I Know If I Have A Bird Problem On My Tempe Property?
Unlike other pest problems, birds in Tempe tend to be an afterthought. People are used to seeing them fluttering about yards and building nests in the trees that surround your home. Unfortunately, some birds are not content with your trees and may choose your home as their favored nesting place.
Some signs that you might need bird control solutions for your home include:
- An increase of birds (and possibly noise) flying about the home.
- Seeing nesting materials/feathers scattered in and around the house.
- Finding droppings around the home.
- Noticing an increase in pests like mice, fleas, and flies.
- Smelling odd odors around the home.
- Spotting damage to plants and gardens.
Is It Bad To Feed The Birds In Tempe?
Feeding birds is not necessarily bad, but it can cause some bird control problems for your home. When easy food is available, more birds will visit your home with increased frequency. Birds tend to crowd into tight areas, which helps spread pathogens from bird to bird. Feeders can contribute to different diseases, and meals supplied by people can alter natural behaviors. With appropriate bird control methods, homeowners can continue to feed birds. Some recommendations include:
- Scrub feeders a few times a year (especially between seasons); this is crucial.
- Buy food that only attracts the specific bird you want to visit (Cheap food is not good; it is packed with fillers that most birds will pick through and waste).
- Buy the specific type of feeder that only attracts the birds you want to visit.
- Place feeders in appropriate areas (do your research).
- Don't overfeed birds; it causes odors and other issues.
How Do I Prevent Birds From Nesting Around My Tempe Property?
For quality bird control solutions, the best way to prevent birds in Tempe homes is by using the bird pest control experts at Green Home Pest Control. There are multiple suggestions for do-it-yourself fixes, but the reality is that some birds are federally protected. In addition to that, birds typically hang out in high places, so instituting prevention measures can be dangerous to implement. At Green Home Pest Control, we have the expertise, experience, tools, and equipment to safely and efficiently handle bird problems. Call the bird pest control experts at Green Home Pest Control today for advice on how to prevent/remove nuisance birds from your Tempe property.