Seven Easy Ways To Keep Pests Out Of Your Scottsdale Home
October 03, 2021
Scottsdale homes are prime targets for pests year-round thanks to the warmer climate – prevention is crucial in this area to keep your property free and safe from all kinds of pests that never stop trying to invade.
Scottsdale Pests To Look Out For
There are several home-invading pests in the Scottsdale area that you need to keep an eye out for. When left alone to turn into an infestation, these pests can cause significant damage or present a danger to your home.
- Bed Bugs
All of these insects are likely to enter your property looking for shelter or in the pursuit of food, which is why year-round prevention and control tactics are the best way to deter pests from setting up shop.
Your Pest Prevention Tips
There are several easy tips that you can follow to prevent pests from moving into your Scottsdale home:
- Deep clean your home to remove areas of clutter that pests may like to hide out in. Make sure to pay special attention to cool, dark areas such as garages, basements, attics, the back of closets, and under heavy appliances. You should also be wearing gloves while you clean in case any spiders or other pests are already hiding out in your home.
- Clear up your yard by removing any debris or piles of clutter. You should keep the grass trimmed low to deter pests from hiding in cool areas and store all firewood at least 10 feet away from your home. Don’t forget to check behind outbuildings and clean all of the corners of your property.
- All receptacles for food and trash should be properly sealed and stored to prevent the aroma from leaking out and attracting pests. This is especially important with outdoor pet food and trash cans, as these can attract some of the least desirable pests like cockroaches and rodents. In your home, make sure to clean up all spills and food crumbs promptly.
- Check your home for any entry points – this includes conducting a check for cracks in windows, doors, and your home’s foundation. You should also replace any weather stripping that appears to be worn down and update screen doors or window coverings that are ripped.
- Moisture is a major factor in attracting pests to your home and property. Check the outside of your house for any leaks and seal them up. You should do the same inside your house and ensure that basements and bathrooms have proper ventilation, so moisture doesn’t build up. Remember to check and clear out gutters, as these can pool up with very attractive water to certain pests.
- Many pests are attracted to outdoor lighting. If you use this around your home, you may want to consider switching to amber-colored bug lights or a motion-activated light so that you don’t encourage pests to gather the light sources each night.
Tip#7- Professional Pest Prevention
In addition to our other tips, the best form of pest protection is ongoing assistance from Green Home Pest Control professionals. The experts will be able to evaluate any pest problem on your property and provide you with targeted, efficient solutions, so your home can remain protected from troublesome pests year-round.