The Key To Keeping The Cockroaches In Phoenix At Bay
Cockroaches are not only unsightly and even scary to some, but they can also carry dangerous diseases as well. Learn how to tell if you have a cockroach infestation, why cockroaches can be harmful to your health, and how to keep them away from your home with five effective tips you might not have heard of before (including how to get rid of cockroaches naturally). If your home has been taken over by cockroaches, Green Home Pest Control provides pest control in Pheonix you can rely on to get rid of cockroaches safely and effectively.
How To Tell If You Have A Cockroach Infestation
Do you suspect that cockroaches have taken up residence in your home? Here is how you can tell:
- You see cockroach droppings. Cockroach droppings look like coffee grounds or smear marks on surfaces.
- You detect a strong, musty smell.
- You find odd capsules around your home. They might be cockroach egg casings, which each contain many eggs inside.
- Unexplained property damage like chewed up books, leather, etc., can be due to cockroach activity.
- You find the exoskeleton of cockroaches but no actual cockroaches. Cockroaches are good at hiding, but you can still find their exoskeletons as they shed them.
- If you find a cockroach in your house, you are sure to have more hiding out of sight.
You might not always see cockroaches in your home even if they are active and are reproducing, but you will most likely see one of the signs above. If you suspect a cockroach infestation, it is crucial to you take control of it and learn how to deter cockroaches for the reasons below.
How Cockroaches Are Harmful To Your Health
Cockroaches are not only unsightly, but they can also be harmful to your health for the following reasons:
- Cockroaches can carry and transmit salmonella, staphylococcus, and streptococcus.
- Cockroaches can cause dysentery, diarrhea, typhoid fever, and cholera.
- Cockroaches can cause allergic reactions, especially in children.
- Cockroaches can cause skin injuries because of their heavy leg spines, which can lead to infections.
Cockroaches can carry many diseases and cause a variety of health problems, which is why it is important to learn to control a cockroach infestation should one take over your property. The following tips will show you how to deter cockroaches right away.
5 Tips For Effective Cockroach Control In Phoenix
The following five tips for effective cockroach control can teach you how to get rid of cockroaches naturally and keep them away from your home:
- Keep your home as clean as possible. Any food or water left out can help sustain a cockroach population.
- Check for areas of moisture like leaking faucets, pipes, or showerheads. Cockroaches are attracted to moisture and will seek out easy access.
- Water and baking soda mixed together can trick cockroaches into drinking it as a water source, but it is a toxic mixture to them that will kill them.
- Seal off all cracks and crevices that cockroaches might be using to come inside your home.
- Call a pest control expert. Most often, DIY home remedies are not enough for an established cockroach infestation.
There are several methods you can try for effective cockroach control in Pheonix. But if DIY methods are not doing the trick, you need to consult with a professional pest control company. If you find a cockroach in your house, you are sure to have more, and they can reproduce very quickly.
How To Keep Cockroaches Away From Your Home
Getting rid of cockroaches is only part of the battle. You also need to keep them from coming back. DIY home remedies can provide short-term relief, but an experienced pest control company can help you find more long-lasting and effective methods to keep your home free of cockroaches.
Cockroaches are not only startling and unsettling, these scavengers can carry diseases that can be fatal. If keeping your home clean and using DIY home remedies isn’t helping you get rid of cockroaches, it is time to contact a professional pest control company and ask about effective cockroach control that fits your needs. Green Home Pest Control provides cockroach control you can rely on, so call the experts today.