How Dangerous Are Pigeons On Your Gilbert Property?
Pigeons have some lovely purple and green coloration around the neck, and you might think they're lovely birds to have on your property. Unfortunately, these pretty birds can present a threat to your health and wellbeing, such as:
- Pigeons are pest birds. As such, they get into dumpsters, trash bins, trash heaps, and other dirty locations when they search for food. When a pigeon comes onto your property, it can spread harmful bacteria to sensitive zones.
- Pigeons are a reservoir for the West Nile virus. When mosquitoes bite a pigeon on your Gilbert property, they can be exposed to this potentially dangerous virus. It is important to understand this because pest mosquitoes don't typically travel far in their short lifespan. The mosquitoes that bite you on your property are almost entirely mosquitoes that live on your property. When pigeons and mosquitoes come together, they present a greater health risk as they bring the potential for the spread of zoonotic viruses.
- Pigeons carry fleas, ticks, mites, and other parasites. Each of the parasites carried by pigeons can have a different impact on your health. Ticks are able to carry a long list of diseases. The list of diseases fleas spread is shorter but should not be disregarded.
It is best to address pigeon problems as quickly as possible to reduce health hazards.
Why You Don't Want Pigeons Hanging Around Your Gilbert Commercial Property
Along with the health hazards pigeons present, there are other reasons to not have these pest birds around. Here are some you should consider:
- Pigeon droppings are a hazard. You can slip on them as you traverse walkways, sidewalks, and stairs.
- Pigeon droppings can expose you to pathogens when touched.
- All bird droppings contain uric acid which is corrosive. Over time, pigeons can damage building materials, statues, and more.
- Pigeon droppings are unsightly and can reduce curb appeal.
- Pigeons can roost inside buildings and cause damage as they go in and out of a structure, further reducing curb appeal.
- Pigeons can get above outdoor seating areas and drop waste on your guests.
- Pigeon droppings can contaminate sensitive locations, both outdoors and indoors.
- Pigeons can create noise pollution.
It is essential to let pigeons know that they are not welcome on your property. How do you do this? The following are our recommendations.
How To Get Rid Of Pigeons On Your Gilbert Property
Birds can be controlled in a number of ways. At Green Home Pest Control, our bird control experts use one or more of the following methods.
- Stainless steel bird spikes. It might seem mean to use spikes to keep pigeons away, but bird spikes aren't used to harm pigeons. They do the job of a scarecrow. When pigeons see the spikes, they avoid them. These spikes can be applied in many locations to prevent perching and roosting.
- Perching wires are another way to spook pigeons and keep them away. Bird wire has a low profile and is a less noticeable bird deterrent. These wires create an unstable landing surface and are useful for keeping larger pest birds, like pigeons, from perching.
- When you want to keep pigeons from accessing sensitive locations, bird netting or exclusion wire mesh are great options. These materials create a physical barrier.
- If pigeons are infesting a structure on your property, our bird specialists may use traps to capture and remove the birds.
The methods we use are strategic and humane and we customize these solutions to meet your specific needs.
Pest Control For Pigeons
If you own or operate a business in Gilbert, Arizona, you can count on the service team here at Green Home Pest Control to guide you toward a long-lasting and sustainable solution for pigeons and other commercial pests. Our five-step process is designed to:
Step 1: Inspection & Identification
We perform a detailed inspection to determine the root causes of your pigeon infestation.
Step 2: Findings & Recommendations
Our professional technicians evaluate your issue and record essential data regarding conducive conditions and other factors.
Step 3: Communication
We outline the process needed to correct your pigeon control issue and work with you to find a solution that works best for you.
Step 4: Implementation
Once you've selected the service you want, our licensed and experienced professionals make sure all products are installed correctly.
Step 5: Documentation & Follow-up
We document essential data about your installation and the expectation of your pigeon control program. This information is used during follow-up visits to evaluate the success of your program and to determine whether or not expectations have been met.
If your business is in Gilbert, Arizona, reach out to Green Home Pest Control today for commercial bird control and general pest control you can trust. We have the training, experience, and professionalism to make your commercial pest control as stress-free as possible.