Scorpion Control In Mesa, AZ
Scorpions can feel unavoidable around Mesa. Unfortunately, the environment within your home can make it very inviting to scorpions in the area.
If you’re worried about scorpions in your Mesa home, professional scorpion control from Green Home Pest Control is the perfect solution to completely remove these dangerous pests from your home. Read on for more information about Mesa’s scorpions, what draws them to homes in the area, and why professional scorpion control is essential to combat them.
Have Scorpions Invaded My Mesa Home?
Scorpions can be pretty scary, and if you've found one in your home, it's natural to wonder if there are more. Luckily, scorpions are not usually aggressive and will only sting you if startled or threatened.
More good news is that most types of scorpions are not venomous enough to be a serious threat to humans, though young children and pets can face more significant reactions. It's still essential to eliminate them as a sting can cause swelling, pain, and redness.
That being said, it helps to be aware of some of the most potent scorpions in our area so you can be on the lookout:
- The Arizona bark scorpion: This is one of the most venomous scorpions. It's light brown or yellowish-tan and usually only grows about three inches long. If you spot one of these critters in your home, contact a professional immediately.
- The giant desert hairy scorpion: As its name suggests, this scorpion is huge. It can grow to seven inches in length and is one of the largest species of scorpions in North America. Although it's not as venomous as the Arizona bark scorpion, its sting can still be painful.
- The striped-tail scorpion: This scorpion is easy to identify because of the two thick, dark stripes that run down its back. It's usually between four and five inches long and has a less potent venom than other types of scorpions.
Some of the reasons why scorpions might enter your home include:
- Food: Scorpions are attracted to homes because they offer an easy food source in the form of insects. If you have a scorpion problem, it's likely that you also have an infestation of another type of pest.
- Shelter: Like all critters, scorpions need somewhere to shelter from the heat and cold. Your home provides the perfect climate-controlled hiding place for them.
Contact Green Home Pest Control if you spot any of these dangerous scorpions in your home. Our technicians will come and conduct an extensive inspection of your property to locate all potential hiding spots.
They'll then work with you to develop a plan to remove scorpions and prevent them from coming back. Don't let scorpions threaten your comfort and way of life. Call us today.
The Most Frequently Asked Scorpion Questions In Mesa
One of the best ways to combat scorpions in Mesa is arming yourself with knowledge. With that in mind, here are answers to some frequently asked questions about scorpions:
- What do scorpions eat? Scorpions are carnivores and will eat just about any small creature they can catch, including insects, spiders, lizards, and rodents.
- Are scorpions arachnids? Yes, scorpions are arachnids. They're more closely related to ticks and spiders than insects.
- Where do scorpions live? Scorpions prefer warm climates and most often live in deserts. But, they can also be found in other areas such as forests, grasslands, and mountains.
- How to get rid of scorpions? Although these critters aren't venomous enough to be a serious threat to humans, they can still sting and cause swelling, pain, and redness. The best way to eliminate scorpions is to contact a professional pest control company.
Some bugs look like scorpions, but they're not. If you're uncertain whether or not what you've found is a scorpion, it's always best to contact a professional for assistance.
The Trick To Keeping Scorpions Away From Your Mesa Property
When dealing with these critters, you need to adopt a multi-pronged approach that involves offensive and defensive measures. For example, you should:
- Keep your home clean.
- Remove woodpiles, rocks, and other potential hiding spots.
- Seal all the cracks and crevices in your foundation and around doors and windows.
- Install door sweeps and weather stripping to prevent scorpions from getting inside.
In addition to taking these preventive measures, it's also wise to be vigilant and contact a scorpion control professional once you spot a scorpion on your property. The sooner you take action, the easier it'll be to remove them from your home.
Don't let scorpions ruin your summer fun. Contact Green Home Pest Control today if you spot one on your property. We use EPA-approved products and state-of-the-art techniques to safely and effectively remove scorpions and keep them from coming back.
Why You Should Call Green Home Pest Control For Scorpions In Mesa
Lavender and scorpions don't go well together. If you're looking for a natural way to keep scorpions away, lavender oil is your best bet. This essential oil has a strong scent that's unpleasant to scorpions.
However, like most other do-it-yourself solutions to eliminate these pests, it's not 100% effective. The best way to kill scorpions and keep them far away from your property is to contact Green Home Pest Control.
Our pest control technicians will seal all potential entry points, remove existing scorpions, and take preventive measures to keep them from returning. We also offer regular maintenance services to keep your property pest-free for good.
Call now for your free estimate.