Scorpion Control In Peoria, AZ
Living in Arizona, we are no strangers to scorpions. Scorpions are common in Peoria, and there’s a good chance you’ve seen at least a couple around your property. If you have a lot of scorpions on your property, or they have entered your home, this is particularly concerning. Since scorpions can be dangerous, it’s important to call Peoria pest control professionals to safely remove them. Green Home Pest Control offers effective scorpion removal and control in Peoria.
How Dangerous Are The Scorpions In Peoria?
Accidentally coming across a scorpion in Peoria can be frightening, especially if you don’t know how dangerous the scorpion you are looking at is or whether or not they are aggressive enough to attack you. Here we discuss the most common types of scorpions seen in Peoria and give you some hints on how to identify them:
- Arizona bark scorpion: Light brown to yellow-brown in color, dark bands that run lengthwise on their body, and venom that can be dangerous.
- Arizona striped tail scorpion: Light tan to brown in color, larger claws and tails with striped ridges along the top and side of the tail, painful sting but not particularly dangerous.
- Arizona giant desert hairy scorpion: Darker brown bodies with yellow legs, claws, and tails, a painful sting that is not considered severely dangerous
Remember, never get too close to a scorpion, even if you are trying to identify it. The best approach to accidentally running into a scorpion on your property or out in the wild is to slowly move away from it to not trigger it into stinging you.
Answers To Common Scorpion Questions In Peoria
Many Peoria residents may be confused about scorpions and their living habits. Here we answer some of the most common Peoria scorpion questions:
- Are scorpions in Peoria dangerous?: For the most part, scorpion stings aren’t deadly. Exceptions occur in the case of the Arizona bark scorpion, which may be fatal to those with preexisting conditions, the elderly, children, or those with insect sting allergies.
- What attracts scorpions?: This pest is attracted to properties with a plethora of easy access to food, water, and shelter. Pest prey issues, plenty of dark crevices around your property, and moisture issues may all herald a scorpion infestation.
- Can you detect a scorpion infestation?: Scorpion infestations are typically accompanied by visual sightings of this pest, scorpion droppings (these look like piles of sand), scorpion tracks, or sightings of scorpion eggs. Seeing any of these signs means you may want to schedule an inspection with Green Home Pest Control.
If you have more questions about scorpions or want to know how you can effectively combat infestations of this pest, contact our knowledgeable technicians at Green Home Pest Control for additional information.
Keeping Your Distance From Scorpions In Peoria
Scorpion infestations around your home should be treated with caution, as even though scorpion stings are rarely fatal, you still don’t want to be stung. A scorpion sting is painful, regardless of the species stinging you, and it may trigger allergic reactions for those with preexisting issues or complications in those with weakened immune systems.
Symptoms of a scorpion sting include:
- Numbness and tingling
- Slight swelling
- Warmth around the stung area
More severe symptoms of a scorpion sting that typically warrant medical attention include:
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing
- Muscle twitching
- Unusual or uncontrolled head, neck, and eye movements
- Nausea or vomiting
- Accelerated heart rate
- High blood pressure
It is important to note that most scorpions will not sting right away and will prefer to keep their distance at first. Accidentally stumbling across their hiding areas or continuing toward a scorpion may trigger them to sting, as they perceive this as a threatening action. To avoid a scorpion sting, you should be careful when walking around outside and consult Green Home Pest Control for professional scorpion protection tactics.
How To Keep Scorpions Away From Your Peoria Property
Understanding how to keep scorpions away from your Peoria property is one of the best methods you can undertake to prevent infestations of this pest. We have listed some of our expert tips for scorpion prevention:
- Eliminate standing water and moisture issues around your property that may create damp or moist conditions. These areas of excess water can attract scorpions and their pest prey.
- Make sure to seal any cracks or crevices around your property, like cracks in the pavement or gaps around the foundation of your property; this helps to eliminate scorpion hiding spots.
- Seal gaps around the windows and doors of your property, and put weather stripping into place to keep scorpions looking for shelter out.
- Remove brush, overgrown foliage, and debris from the outdoor areas of your property, as these all create moist sheltered conditions where scorpions love to hide.
- Address pest prey issues on your property, such as infestations of cockroaches or ants, as these accessible food sources can attract hungry scorpions to your property.
Contact Green Home Pest Control today for further help with scorpion control in Peoria. Our technicians will provide you with a free estimate and tailored treatment plans that eliminate scorpion problems for good.