Types Of Scorpions In Scottsdale
Scorpions are one of the most frequently encountered pests for residents of Scottsdale. While there are approximately 30 types that can be found scurrying around the area, some of the most visible of scorpions species include:
- Arizona bark scorpion: This is considered the most dangerous type of scorpion in the entire Southwest. They are capable of climbing, so they may be found in trees and amongst tall rock piles.
- Stripe-tailed scorpion: Aptly named by its appearance, the stripe-tailed scorpion is nocturnal and comes out at night when it’s time to feed.
- Giant hairy scorpion: The giant hairy scorpion is most known for its defense stance by curling its tail. Their stings are only mildly uncomfortable.
At Green Home Pest Control, we bring property owners protection from scorpions that they can trust. With more than three decades of experience, we are the trusted local experts when it comes to scorpions. We utilize Integrated Pest Management methods, microencapsulated technology, and EPA-approved products in order to protect a property from scorpions. In addition to all of the services that we provide for homeowners and businesses, we also work with our customers to prevent scorpions from coming back, because we believe that education is imperative to this process. For more information on scorpion prevention, contact Green Home Pest Control today.
Don't Accidentally Attract Scorpions To Your Scottsdale Home
While most scorpions are ultimately a harmless nuisance in your Scottsdale home, there are several very important reasons why it’s important not to accidentally attract them. The most crucial reason is that some local species of scorpion can be extremely dangerous to the health of everyone in your home. The Arizona bark scorpion, for example, is highly venomous and will attack if they feel provoked. Additionally, scorpions tend to reproduce in the spring and summer and can have around 25 babies in each litter, which means that infestations can easily grow out of control once they start. When scorpions make their way inside of your home, they can also be very difficult to locate, which makes getting rid of them harder, and they also don’t require much sustenance, which gives them very little reason to ever leave.
At Green Home Pest Control, we address scorpion problems like no one else can. Our methods use Integrated Pest Management, so we not only provide immediate relief for our customers, but also keep scorpions from coming back to your home. To learn more about our scorpion prevention services, contact us today.
Five Facts About Scottsdale Scorpions You Probably Didn't Know
Though scorpions are frequent guests to Scottsdale properties, there are probably a few things that you didn’t know about these pests. Here are five facts that you might not have known:
- They’re nocturnal, so they forage for their food at night.
- Not all scorpions are dangerous; however, some species are highly venomous and can cause a significant amount of pain from their stingers.
- Scorpions are actually not insects, they’re arachnids, so they are more closely related to spiders, ticks, and mites.
- A scorpion’s venom is actually composed of a variety of neurotoxins and chemicals that include everything from cardiotoxin to serotonin.
- Due to their exoskeleton, scorpions glow under UV light. Their bodies possess fluorescent chemicals that allow for this process to take place.
At Green Home Pest Control, we provide customers with safe solutions to their scorpion problems. By turning to Integrated Pest Management methods and botanically-derived, EPA-registered products, we seal up your property from encountering scorpions. This works to keep you safe no matter what the day may bring. All of our offerings come with a pest-free guarantee, so if scorpions should appear between regular visits, we’ll re-treat your property at no additional cost to you. For more information on scorpion prevention, contact us today.
Total Scorpion Control For Scottsdale Residents
When it comes to keeping the homes of Scottsdale free from scorpions, the only answer that you need for total protection from these pests is professional assistance from Green Home Pest Control. Our scorpion control services are designed around the principles of Integrated Pest Management (IPM) and prioritizing our customers’ safety. Following IPM means that every home or place of business will receive a thorough property inspection in order to determine where entry points are located, why scorpions are attracted in the first place, and what the extent of the issue is.
From there, we use plant-based, eco-friendly products to perform a scorpion sealing. What this means is that a property is now protected with a secure barrier from scorpions, which also makes it more difficult for other pests to enter as well. This also works to cut off a scorpion’s food supply and keep them from returning to a property. We work with locals to educate them on other steps that they can take to mitigate scorpion infestations, and our technicians provide routine maintenance to ensure that whatever issues were present have now subsided. For more information on total scorpion control, contact us today.