Ant Control In Surprise, AZ
Homeowners across Arizona are no stranger to ants, and Surprise is no exception. Ants can seem impossible to avoid during the warmer months of the year, colonizing yards across our region and leaving homeowners with lawns full of little brown hills.
If you’re tired of seeing ants everywhere or experiencing their painful bites, look no further than Green Home Pest Control. Give us a call today and find out why our comprehensive ant control programs are the perfect solution to keep your home ant-free today, tomorrow, and into the future.
Ants Found In Surprise: The Complete Guide
As the most common nuisance pest across the country, ants in Surprise are everywhere. Here are some of the most common species in the area:
- Odorous house ant: Perhaps the most iconic ant, the odorous house ant eats the honeydew that aphids create and enter homes looking for other sugary substances like juice and crumbs.
- Crazy ant: This small orange species can be easily confused with red fire ants but they are much less of a threat and only bite if they feel threatened. They get their name from their chaotic movements they make when they’re startled.
- Argentine ant: These amber-colored ants thrive in urban areas like Surprise and they feed off of sweet plants and flowers, which can leave homeowners with landscaping issues. They will bite people if they are provoked.
- Southern fire ant: Small and red in coloring, the fire ant poses a threat to human health because their bites come in rapid succession and produce allergic reactions like nausea and muscle pain.
At Green Home Pest Control, we provide homeowners with reliable pest control services that address these types of ants and any others that we may encounter. We utilize eco-friendly products, offer customized service plans, and work with attention to detail in order to guarantee an ant-free home. For more information on our ant prevention methods, please call us today.
Ants In Surprise! How Do I Get Rid Of Them?
If you notice ants in your Surprise home, the best way to get rid of them is with professional help from Green Home Pest Control. Since our establishment, we have provided countless local homes with the highest quality service possible. As a locally-owned business, we take your concerns seriously and we are always looking to exceed your expectations.
For ant control in Arizona, we offer a bi-monthly maintenance program in order to keep these pests away no matter the season. We always begin our ant treatment process by meticulously inspecting your home in order to understand where ants are entering and what’s responsible for attracting them. Our next step is to take this information and use it to create a custom-tailored treatment plan. When we treat entry points, baseboards, counters, and more, we use only eco-friendly botanical products that are safe for your children and pets. During this phase, we also provide you with education on the small habit changes that you can implement to make your home less appealing to ants between our routine visits. And most importantly, we guarantee the efficacy of every treatment we apply so that you don’t have to worry about ants again.
For more information on keeping ants out of your home, contact us today.
Are The Ants Around My Surprise Home Dangerous?
While most of the ants around your Surprise home are a mild nuisance, there are a few harmful varieties that you should avoid. Those species include:
- Carpenter ant: As one of the largest types of ant, the carpenter ant is hard to miss. They are attracted to the wood around your home and while they don’t pose any health risks, the amount of damage that they can cause is shocking. They also eat sweet foods and dead insects.
- Pavement ant: This small species is named for the areas where they tend to live, so don’t be surprised if you find them in your sidewalks or driveway. The pavement ant builds above ground mounds and will sting and bite.
- Pharaoh ant: This type of ant lives both indoors and outdoors and their colonies can contain upwards of 100,000 members. They are considered dangerous because they can infest food with the pathogens that cause streptococcus infections and salmonellosis.
- Southern fire ant: It’s no wonder how these fiery red-colored ants get their name but the stings they give are just as fiery. They create aboveground mounds in sunny spaces and if you disturb them, they may attack.
For complete ant control, contact Green Home Pest Control today.
Expert Advice On Ant Prevention For Your Surprise Home
Ants problems are some of the easiest issues to develop in your Surprise home but with a few expert tips, you don't need to deal with these pests. Follow these prevention tips for fewer ant invasions:
- Look for leaky fixtures, roofs, and spigots routinely and fix any problems that you identify.
- Use a trash bin with a tight-fitting lid, always line it with a bag, and take the garbage out frequently. Never dispose of leftovers or other food items inside and rinse jars before recycling them.
- Properly store food and snacks in secure containers.
- Clean up soap spills around sinks and in the shower because ants may mistake them for sweet foods.
- Install weatherstripping on doors that need it and keep all window screens in good working order.
- Work with your trusted local pest expert for ongoing support against ant invasion.
For additional Surprise pest control advice and routine services, please contact Green Home Pest Control today.