Bed Bug Prevention Is Important For Chandler Residents In June
June 15, 2022
Summer is just around the corner, which means more people will be spending more time out and about. For Chandler residents, that also means an increased risk of bed bugs. These pesky critters are notoriously hard to get rid of, so it's essential to take some preventative measures now to avoid an infestation.
However, if you already have these bugs in your home, contact a reputable Chandler pest control firm. We can locate the bed bugs in your home, promptly eradicate them, and keep them from coming back.
Why Are Bed Bugs Drawn To Homes In Chandler
Effective bed bug control in Chandler starts with understanding what attracts these pests to our homes in the first place.
Here are a few reasons why bed bugs may decide to make themselves comfortable in our homes:
- People: We are the perfect hosts for bed bugs. They feed on our blood and have easy access to sleeping victims once they are in our homes.
- Warmth: Bed bugs thrive in warm environments.
- Darkness: Bed bugs hide in dark, quiet places.
- Carbon dioxide: Bed bugs are attracted to the carbon dioxide we exhale.
Don't take bed bugs lightly. These pests can cause a lot of damage to your home and health. This includes:
- Ruined furniture
- Allergic reactions to their bites
- Stress and anxiety from the infestation
If you're concerned about bed bugs, take the necessary precautions to avoid them. Should you come into contact with these critters, don't hesitate to get bed bug pest control service for your home.
Signs You Could Be Dealing With A Bed Bug Infestation
It can be difficult to spot a bed bug infestation, as these pests are experts at hiding.
However, there are a few signs you can look for that may indicate you have bed bugs, including:
- Bloodstains on your sheets or pillowcases as a result of bed bug bites
- Dark or rusty spots on your sheets, mattresses, or furniture from bed bug excrement
- Bed bug eggs or eggshells in the creases of your mattress or furniture
- Pungent, musty odor as a result of the accumulation of bed bugs in an area
- Itchy welts or rashes on your skin from a reaction to bed bug bites
If you notice any of these signs, don't hesitate to get bed bug pest control in Chandler. The sooner you address the problem, the easier it will be to get rid of these pests.
Five Tips To Keep Bed Bugs Out Of Your Home
Before looking for bed bugs control services in Chandler, it's important to take preventative measures to keep these pests from invading your home.
Here are five tips you can use:
- Inspect all of your furniture and bedding for signs of bed bugs before bringing them into your home.
- Put all of your clothing through a hot wash cycle after returning from a trip - even if you didn't stay in a hotel.
- Check your luggage for any signs of bed bugs before unpacking.
- Avoid buying secondhand furniture or mattresses.
- Never set your belongings on the floor of public spaces.
By following these tips, you can significantly reduce the risk of a bed bug infestation in your home. Nevertheless, if you do find yourself dealing with these critters, immediately reach out to licensed bed bug control companies near you.
Professional Bed Bug Control For Chandler Residents
Bed bugs are nothing to scoff at. These tiny critters can cause significant problems for Chandler residents if you are not careful. Professional local home and commercial pest control for bed bugs is often the best solution for getting rid of these pests.
Don't wait until it's too late—if you think you may have bed bugs in your home, contact Green Home Pest Control. Our bed bug pest control solutions are environmentally friendly and effective. We also offer a satisfaction guarantee so that you can rest assured the job will be done right.
Schedule a free consultation today to get started.