The Easiest Way To Keep The Scorpions In Chandler At Bay
October 15, 2022
Here in Arizona, we are no strangers to desert pests, and if you live in Chandler, there is a good chance that you have seen a scorpion or two around. While these creatures can be frightening, most scorpions are not harmful to humans; however, that doesn't mean you want them hanging around your property. Green Home Pest Control will go over some important facts about these creatures, including how to get rid of scorpions on your property with Chandler pest control.
What Kind Of Scorpions Live In Chandler?
Several different types of scorpions live in Chandler, but the most common are the Arizona bark scorpion, the brown scorpion, the giant desert hair scorpion, and the wind scorpion. Of these, the Arizona bark scorpion is the most dangerous to humans. In fact, these scorpions are the most venomous in North America.
While the venom of most types of scorpions is not strong enough to kill a human, the Arizona bark scorpion's venom can be dangerous, especially to children and the elderly. If you are stung by one of these scorpions, it is important to seek medical help immediately.
Don't Accidentally Attract Scorpions To Your Home
One of the best ways to keep scorpions away from your property is to make sure that you are not accidentally attracting them.
Here are some things that might be attracting these pests to your home:
- Standing water: Scorpions are attracted to standing water, so if you have any around your property, it is important to get rid of it.
- Food sources: If you have any food sources that are attractive to scorpions, such as insects, rodents, or lizards, they will be drawn to your property.
- Hiding places: Scorpions like to hide in dark, cool places. If you have any potential hiding places on your property, such as piles of wood or debris, make sure to clear them away.
By learning what attracts scorpions, you can make your property less appealing to them and reduce the chances of them taking up residence. You can also try keeping your grass short and your landscaping clean to make it less likely for them to hide on your property.
Six Facts About Scorpions You Didn't Know
Scorpions can be scary, but they are also quite fascinating creatures. Here are six interesting facts about scorpions in Chandler that you probably didn't know:
- Scorpions are actually related to crabs and lobsters.
- Scorpions are nocturnal creatures, meaning they are most active at night.
- Scorpions can live for up to 25 years.
- Scorpions can have up to 12 babies at a time.
- Scorpions glow in the dark when exposed to ultraviolet light.
- Scorpions are immune to many pesticides.
Scorpions are hardy creatures that can be difficult to get rid of; however, Green Home Pest Control can help. We offer a variety of services that are designed to keep these pests away, and we can help you get rid of scorpions that are already on your property. Contact us today to learn more about our Chandler scorpion control services.
Total Scorpion Control For Chandler Residents
If you're concerned about the possibility of scorpions on your property, the best thing you can do is contact Green Home Pest Control. We know all about scorpions and have been helping Chandler residents eliminate them for more than 30 years. We're experts on all kinds of scorpions common to the area, and we know the best ways to keep them away from your property. Our experienced technicians will work with you to create a customized scorpion control plan that fits your needs. Contact us today for a free quote, and we'll get started on keeping your property scorpion-free.