Eight Easy Ways To Keep Pests Out Of Your Scottsdale Home
May 25, 2022
Here in Scottsdale, we’ve got mild winters and long summers, meaning most pests are a year-round problem. From roaches to rodents to termites to ants, Scottsdale home and business owners have to contend with a lot of home-invading pests – not to mention outdoor pests that can take over your property, like mosquitoes, ticks, and more.
Far from being just annoying, many of the previously mentioned pests are actually dangerous. Some of them can even be life-threatening. That means you need to have an all-season, comprehensive pest prevention plan that can fight multiple pests. This is a lot easier said than done, but there are a few measures you can take with effective pest control services in Scottsdale.
Common Area Pests
Here in Scottsdale, we’ve got a lot of pests to worry about.
Some of the most frequently encountered ones include:
- Rodents: Including rats, mice, and squirrels, rodents can spread dozens of deadly diseases and do significant property damage.
- Cockroaches: – We have multiple species of roach in the Scottsdale area. Diseases are the main threat with roaches. They’re known or suspected to spread over 40 different pathogens.
- Termites: These social insects can cause significant property damage, up to and including total loss.
- Ants: Many species of this social insect in our area are capable of stinging, biting, spreading disease, and destroying property.
- Spiders : We have two spiders with medically significant bites here in Scottsdale: black widows and brown recluses. These spiders’ bites can cause severe illness and even permanent scarring.
- Wasps And Bees: These flying social insects are often hostile, swarming in defense of their nests. Swarms can result in hundreds of stings. Bee stings are also one of the most common triggers of anaphylaxis.
With so many potential pests to worry about, it’s essential for homeowners to know the specific prevention techniques they can use to reduce their risk for infestation as much as possible.
Pest Prevention Techniques
There are many pests in our area, and they’re all attracted to your home for a plethora of different reasons. However, there are lots of things you can do that will repel multiple pests. Most of these measures involve reducing attractants in your home and making it harder for pests to get inside.
To prevent pests like ants, roaches, rodents, and more, take measures like:
- Store Trash Properly: Always keep both indoor and outdoor garbage cans covered with tight-fitting lids.
- Store Food Properly Too: Keep foods either in the fridge or in airtight, hard containers. Never leave dirty dishes or open food containers just sitting out, that includes pet foods and pet food bowls.
- Clean Often: Clear clutter to eliminate hiding places for pests and vacuum to reduce crumbs that could attract pests.
- Fix Moisture Problems: Many pests are attracted to moisture, so repair leaky pipes, clogged drains, and other moisture issues.
- Clear Wood Debris: To prevent termites and carpenter ants, get rid of debris like fallen tree limbs and rotten logs. Also, replace rotten or damaged wood components in your home.
- Eliminate Access Points: Inspect your home and seal up potential spots for pests to enter, like cracks in the foundation or holes in the siding. Make sure all window screens fit tightly and are free of rips.
- Keep Up Landscaping: Keep bushes and trees trimmed away from your home and your yard clipped short.
- Call The Professionals: Having an ongoing pest control service plan can nip problems in the bud before they get out of control.
Here at Green Home Pest Control, each one of our continuing pest control service plans is tailored to fit your unique needs and your budget. We can help you fend off a wide variety of potentially dangerous pests, protecting your home and your family from damage and disease. So give us a call or visit our contact page to schedule your home pest control or commercial pest control inspection today.