Help! Drywood Termites Keep Invading My Phoenix Home
January 01, 2022
Drywood termites in Phoenix can be a devastating problem for homeowners. Drywood termites can cause a hefty amount of damage because they often go undetected until a significant amount of damage has already occurred. Phoenix homeowners should know what drywood termites look like, their habits, and how to avoid an infestation.
Drywood termites are creamy-white to light brown in color. They have long oval bodies, six legs and can grow up to an inch long. Some drywood termites have wings and are called swarmers. Eventually, they shed their wings, leaving behind tell-tale signs of infestation. Drywood termites differ from other termites because they do not require moisture from the soil. Drywood termites prefer dry wood like what is found in attics and older homes. Having drywood termites in Phoenix homes can be one of the biggest and most expensive pest problems to have. Green Home Pest Control is here to help.
How To Spot Drywood Termites On Your Phoenix Property
Drywood termites may be difficult to spot on your Phoenix property as they are often chewing their way through the wood in your walls and attic where you can’t easily see them. However, they do leave behind signs of an infestation.
Drywood termites will leave behind piles of wings as they shed as well as droppings that resemble small piles of salt and pepper. Other signs that you might have an infestation are doors that suddenly seem tight in their frames, wood that sounds hollow when tapped, bubbled or peeling paint, and sounds coming from your walls. Knowing what to look for is a step in the right direction to catching an infestation before it gets too bad.
When To Contact The Professionals At Green Home Pest Control
It is essential to call the professionals at the first sign of a termite infestation. For the best drywood termite treatment, homeowners in Phoenix should call Green Home Pest Control. Our drywood termite treatment plan will start with an inspection to determine what species of termites have invaded your home. Once that is established, we offer two types of treatments, liquid treatment and bait treatments. We also provide pre-treatments on new construction as a preventative measure. Call us today to schedule your first inspection.
Tips To Prevent Future Drywood Termite Infestations
Knowing how to prevent future drywood termite infestations is crucial to protecting your Phoenix home from potential financial and physical devastation. You already know what to look for, and now it’s time to find out what you can do to prevent an infestation. Follow these tips to protect your home from becoming a termite snack.
- Drywood termites often invade wood piles and then easily hitchhike into your home. Store firewood well away from the exterior of your home and carefully inspect it before bringing it inside.
- Thoroughly inspect the exterior of your home for areas where termites could gain easy access to your home. Seal up any cracks or crevices with caulking.
- Inspect windows and doors for a tight seal. Install weather stripping where necessary.
- Replace worn and torn screens immediately.
- Trim back overgrown trees, shrubs, and other vegetation away from the exterior of your home.
- Call the professionals at Green Home Pest Control at the first sign of a drywood termite infestation.