Identifying, Killing, And Deterring The Glendale Carpet Beetles
June 30, 2022
Have you recently seen small holes in your clothing or damage to your carpets and rugs? If so, chances are you have a problem with carpet beetles. These pests can be a real nuisance, and their larvae can cause significant damage to fabrics and natural fibers.
If you suspect that you have a carpet beetle infestation, it's essential to take action right away. Glendale pest control professionals can help identify the source of the problem and eradicate these pests for good.
How To Identify Carpet Beetles
Despite being relatively unknown, you can identify carpet beetles in your Glendale home in a few different ways:
- Round holes in your clothing: Carpet beetle larvae love to feast on natural fibers, so you may notice damage to clothing made of wool, silk, or cotton.
- Small black bugs: If you see any small black bugs around your home, they could be carpet beetles. These pests are often mistaken for bed bugs, but they don't bite humans.
- Tiny white, brown, or black bugs: Carpet beetle larvae are small and can be of various colors, including white, brown, and black. You may see them crawling around your carpets or furniture.
- Beetle excrement: Carpet beetle droppings in your home are a sure telltale sign of an infestation. These droppings are small, black, and pellet-like.
Should you identify any of the signs above of a black carpet beetle infestation, don't hesitate to contact your local Glendale pest control contractor for extensive carpet beetle treatment.
How To Kill Carpet Beetles
Once you've identified that you have a carpet beetle infestation, it's crucial to take action to terminate them. These pests can quickly spread and cause significant damage to your clothing and home. The best way to kill carpet beetles is with professional help.
A qualified Glendale exterminator will identify the source of the problem and eliminate the infestation for good. They'll also offer tips on how to prevent future infestations.
Avoid cutting corners when dealing with this pest. If you see a carpet beetle on your wall, floor, couch, etc., contact a professional exterminator for help.
How To Deter Carpet Beetles
In addition to getting professional help for eradicating a carpet beetle infestation, there are a few steps you can take to deter these pests from taking up residence in your home in the first place, including:
- Store clothing and fabrics in airtight containers
- Vacuum regularly
- Remove clutter from your home
- Heat your home
If you're having trouble getting rid of carpet beetles on your own, contact a licensed pest control contractor for assistance. Exterminators have the experience and expertise necessary to get rid of these pests for good.
Six Tips To Keep Carpet Beetles Away For Good
There are a few simple things you can do to help keep carpet beetles away from your home for good:
- Have your home regularly inspected by a professional pest exterminator.
- Thoroughly clean infested areas.
- Clean the infested fabrics in hot water.
- Seal any cracks or crevices in your home's foundation.
- Remove access to any food sources that may be attracting carpet beetles.
- Call pest control as soon as you suspect there's an infestation.
While these tips will help reduce the chances of a carpet beetle infestation, it's still important to be vigilant and keep an eye out for any signs of this pest. For round-the-clock protection against carpet beetles, contact Green Home Pest Control.
With over 30 years of experience and 10,000 plus happy clients, we have the expertise to get rid of carpet beetles for good. We also offer a wide range of home pest control and commercial pest control services for general pest control in Glendale.
Call us today to learn more.