The Best Way To Keep Mice Out Of Your Tempe Home
March 12, 2022
Our family’s health and safety are always at the forefront of our minds. Our homes in Tempe should be a safe place for us and our family members, a place where everyone can live freely without fear of getting sick. We do our best to keep ourselves and our families safe and healthy, but unfortunately, severe illnesses can infiltrate our home in other ways, in the form of rodents — mice, specifically.
If I See One Mouse In My Tempe Home, Does That Mean There Are More?
One of the reasons it is so important to contact a professional to handle a mouse infestation is because there is never just one mouse. This is because mice can breed year-round, and typically produce five to 10 litters a year, with roughly six to eight babies per litter. In just three months, a family of six mice can multiply into 60. Waiting to call us after spotting one or two mice could mean you are giving them time to multiply in abundance, making your mouse infestation much worse than it could have been. If you spot a mouse in your Tempe home, give us a call at Green Home Pest Control right away.
Can Mice In Tempe Make You Sick Without Touching Them?
They may be small, but don’t let that fool you. The diseases mice carry are devastating and capable of easily harming people. Worst of all, you don’t even need to have touched a mouse, much less be bitten or scratched by one to contract one of these diseases:
- Plague: The most infamous disease of all time, the black plague is still very much alive, and mice are still capable of giving free rides to the fleas that carry this deadly disease. Although this disease is now treatable with antibiotics, it can still be quite serious, and all one needs to do to contract it is to live in the same house as mice.
- Lymphocytic choriomeningitis: Also known as LCM, this illness causes symptoms such as fever, malaise, lack of appetite, muscle aches, headache, nausea, and vomiting. This infection can be contracted by having exposure to fresh mouse urine, droppings, saliva, or nesting materials.
- Hantavirus: This illness is severe and unpredictable. Symptoms include fatigue, fever, and muscle aches in the thighs, hips, back, and sometimes shoulders, as well as headaches, dizziness, chills, and abdominal complaints, such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and abdominal pain. Exposure to the urine and droppings of infected mice is all you need to contract this disease.
Why Aren't Mouse Traps Enough For Tempe Homes?
When people notice mice in their Tempe homes, their first move is often to purchase traps and bait and set them up in the places they’ve seen the rodents. However, there are a number of reasons why this won’t do anything to exterminate the mouse infestation in your Tempe home:
- Mice are smart: They don’t get enough credit for how smart they are! Mice are also skittish and fast-moving, making them less likely to go up to a trap and if they do, they are capable of escaping before getting caught.
- Traps themselves are not created equally: There are dozens of traps available on the market. Many of these traps are created without mice behavior in mind, meaning that the avoidance behavior mice exhibit makes them wary of new designs, meaning they won’t go anywhere near the traps you’ve set.
- Traps don’t address the fact that mice can get into your home: Even if you manage to kill a mouse or three, that still doesn’t do anything to keep more mice from gaining access to your home. You must address the root issues, which are the holes in your Tempe home mice are able to squeeze through and gain access.
How Do I Get Rid Of Mice In My Tempe Home For Good?
If there are mice in your Tempe home, the best thing you can do is call us at Green Home Pest Control. We have more than 30 years of experience rooting out entire mouse populations and permanently exterminating them, ensuring they do not return. Our expert technicians are trained to understand mouse behavior, and they are given the tools to safely and effectively eradicate them within your Tempe home. Lastly, all of the rodent control treatments we use are eco-friendly and safe for children and pets. We know how important it is to keep your family safe and healthy — let us handle the mice for you!