Why Do I Have Mice In My Mesa, AZ Home?
November 17, 2021
What has large ears, furry tails, and an unending hunger for the products in your pantry? If you answered house mice, you'd be correct! House mice are considered to be the most common home-invading pest in the Mesa area. These pests are also some of the most easily recognized in the world, with attributes that include:
- Long whiskers
- Four-to-five inch bodies
- Color patterns of grey, tawny, or brown
At less than four inches long, mice certainly do not appear very dangerous to humans or pets. However, house mice are credited with the spread of serious illnesses, the ability to attack people physically, and significant property damage.
Long-term mouse infestations could lead to the weakening of your structure and home, as well as the chewing of electrical wires. It is not uncommon for house fires or structural collapses to occur due to a mouse problem.
Additionally, the ability of mice to spread pathogens from place to place could make your home a hotspot for disease transfer. A shortlist of mouse diseases includes:
- LCM (lymphocytic choriomeningitis)
If you suspect that a mouse infestation could be brewing near your Mesa home, it may be wise to start looking for prevention steps or treatment methods that could protect your family.
Keeping Mesa Mice Out Of Your Residential Home
Before we look at prevention steps, it is essential to understand how and why mice infest homes in the first place. Apart from being excessively dependent on humans and human activity, house mice are always hunting for three crucial factors: food, water, and shelter. If your home offers each of these with easy access, it will be the obvious choice of rodent invaders.
It's important to keep in mind that house mice need very few entry points to infiltrate homes in Mesa. Mice can squeeze through gaps that are the size of a dime or bigger. They can chew through many different types of materials, from wood to drywall to plastic. Thus, you will need to think outside the box while performing mouse prevention steps:
- Practice proper food and trash storage if at all possible. Keep food off the counters and inside glass or reinforced plastic containers. Keep ingredients out of sight inside the refrigerator or pantry. Food waste, on the other hand, should be stored in airtight trash bins lined with plastic.
- Be sure to eliminate any unintentional entry points larger than a dime. Using waterproof caulking, seal up the cracks and gaps around the house with as much product as possible. Pay close attention to doors, windows, and any concrete foundations.
- Book ongoing rodent control with a professional agency such as Green Home Pest Control.
Protect your home today, tomorrow, and always with the folks behind Green Home Pest Control.
The Green Home Pest Control Difference – We Keep Mesa Homes Safe!
At Green Home Pest Control, we provide rodent control solutions that work in tandem with your family's unique needs and lifestyle choices:
- In-depth rodent inspections that assess your entire home for signs of infiltration.
- Treatment services that are 100% customizable, from traditional to alternative methods.
- Follow-up visits that sweep the whole house for signs of additional activity.
Contact the professionals at Green Home Pest Control to schedule a complimentary home estimate.